.mpeg or .avi to .cpk

How do I convert a .mpeg or .avi file to a .cpk file? I got the converter to convert .cpk files to work in Windows Media player, but I can't change files back to .cpk. Any help would be appreciated.

Try this
wink.gif

I just tried using this and I did it to different .cpk files on 3 different games and they all came out choppy weird playing and not smooth.

Originally posted by vbt@Jun 15, 2003 @ 10:54 PM

What will you do with that ? a movie player for Saturn ?

I tried it some time ago.. but i couldn't found any docs on cpk format.. so that I could implement my own decoding... as finding the 'original' cpk software decoder seems to be even harder...
sad.gif

He he, I replugged my HDD containing my old linux, and guess what did I found ? All my school Motif profects and Cineplay sources. It was a soft made to play Saturn cinepack movies
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. I transfer the sources and see if it's easy to port on saturn
wink.gif
I remember it played easily Tomb Raider movies.

Originally posted by vbt@Jun 22, 2003 @ 02:54 PM

He he, I replugged my HDD containing my old linux, and guess what did I found ? All my school Motif profects and Cineplay sources. It was a soft made to play Saturn cinepack movies
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. I transfer the sources and see if it's easy to port on saturn
wink.gif
I remember it played easily Tomb Raider movies.

nice
smile.gif

CPK enconding is pretty slow even on a high-end machine on these days.. but it would be fun to play some movies with it.

One of the main problems is that AFAIK audio stream uses to much of a cpk file.. audio stream _has_ to be in raw format
sad.gif

Even with 22Khz it still takes up much space.. anyways, it would be a nice project
smile.gif

here is cineplay, it seems it had disapeared on Internet, I found no way to download it again (fortunatly, I had my old HDD
biggrin.gif
).

Back