Mr bones !

Last night, I started playing Mr Bones again... I think this game is really the best I've ever played. Mr Bones is so funny, the FMV are gorgeous, every level is unique, and even though some levels are a bit annoying, it's easily forgivable, originality always has some risks.

I never understood why this game didn't get the success it deserved... The lack of success made Sega and Zono give up Mr Bones, and burry him again, only shortly after his rebirth...

Mr Bones, I want you back !
sad.gif

Djidjo

Mr. Bones got very high reviews in Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Very niche title I'm afraid. You're chances of seeing a sequel are probably nil...but take heart, Sega's made stranger moves in the past!
wink.gif

By the by, I'm expecting my own copy of Mr. Bones shortly via trade. My mint Shining Wisdom for a friend's not so mint Mr. Bones and Castlevania Bloodlines. Who's getting the better deal...I've never played Mr. Bones so....

I may go a little off topic.. but what about Castlevania Bloodlines? Is it the Mega Drive game? Or does it exist for the Saturn?

And another thing confuses me, Castlevania X for the Saturn is almost the exact same game as Castlevania Symphony of the Night, right?

there's a castlevania for the saturn??? and mr. bones was an awesome game even if i had a hell of time getting past 90% of the levels it was fun and challenging to bad my friend doesn't let me borrow it anymore.

It's called Dracula X which is C:SOTN of PSX fame, in Japanese, with two additional characters (Richter and Maria, both playable from the get go). Richter plays like, well, all other Castlevania games, and Maria has spells and such. However, neither of them have a 'real' story... it's just for old school sake.

It also has an additional area to explore, however, it doesn't add much to the game nor does it really flow with the rest of the layout.

One other great addition: Alucard can run. While sliding backwards looked cool, it was pretty damned annoying.

Here's the gripe, though: this game definetly does not take advantage of the Saturn's hardware. In fact, it looks graphically slightly worse than that of the PSX's. I'm not going to belabor the subject - most people still want the game regardless, since it IS Symphony of the Night...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back