multiple, different files

Gallstaff

Established Member
Is it possible for me to burn Say 3 20 meg video clips on a cd without them slurring into one? So when you pop it in the dirve all three show up for your pickin's?

Gallstaff, first thing you need to do, is inform us of what exactly your wanting us to help you with. Are you talking about making a Video CD with 3 clips, in which if u insert it into your DVD player, it has a menu that pops up for u to choose the clip?

Or are you talking about it being computer based, and you burn the clips onto the cd, and when the cd is inserted, u can choose which video clip to play?

Once you let us know that much, we can help you out furthur

I'm tryin to burn three seperate clips onto 1 cd and upon inserting the disc into the computer all three files come up seperately. USually when i burn 2 or more clips they slur to one messed up clip.

Are you burning a Video CD? Os simply a normal data CD containing 3 AVI or MPEG files?

If it's VCD, when you burn 3 clips, the VCD willl have 3 tracks. They will play one after another, but you can use the prev/next buttons to jump tracks. But it depends on what software you're using to burn it.

Are you using Nero? It allows you to make VCD menus.

I think what Gallstaff is trying to do is:

• Have 3 separate movies. Just movies in some PC compatable format, nothing to do with VCD in particular
  • Burn them onto a CD so that when you place it in a PC, they automatically open in three separate windows. Like three copies of WMP?
  • Have them automatically play in their individual windows...simultaneously

I don't really know who to do this. Use an autorun file maybe? (Look on any disc with one of these to see how they are made). I think maybe you want something a little too specific...how often do many people want to watch three movies simultaneously?

they never do, and neither do i. tha'ts not what i want at all. But i figured it out... sort of. I zip all three files into one archive, and burn that. Now: what program can burn rars and zips?

EDIT: woah 1500 posts. that's like a 1 with a five and two zeros next to it.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Sep. 17 2002, 5:01 am

Now: what program can burn rars and zips?

1500 posts and still every bit a newbie.
laugh.gif

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Sep. 17 2002, 8:01 am

they never do, and neither do i. tha'ts not what i want at all. But i figured it out... sort of. I zip all three files into one archive, and burn that. Now: what program can burn rars and zips?

Any burning package will burn a rar or a zip file. They are just files.

Maybe Gallstaff never used the CD-Burner drive to burn anything other than Saturn and Sega CD games, so he never learned how to *build* common data CDs.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Sep. 15 2002, 12:07 am

Is it possible for me to burn Say 3 20 meg video clips on a cd without them slurring into one? So when you pop it in the dirve all three show up for your pickin's?

Only "3 20 meg video clips"? Are you planning to use 74 or 80 minute blanks? If you're just burning 60 meg worth of data, I suggest you dummy your data CD compilation by adding a dummy file (name it "000DUMMY.000" so that it's listed first in alphanumeric order) at the beginning so that your movies are burned onto the outer edge of the CD-R. A more complex way is to create an ISO of your 3 video files, then dummy pad that ISO file to a new ISO file using AutoDummy or DummyAdd.

• Almost all CD-ROM based drives today are CAV --> faster read speed at outer edge of disc.
  • Dummying pushes your movie files to be burned at the outer edge of the disc (advantageous if you're using up like only 10%, i.e. 60 MB out of 650 MB, of a CD-R's total capacity).

Do you often have speed problems when playing from CD? If you use a bitrate of 1000 Kbps, that's 125 KB/s which is less than the 150 KB/s provided by single-speed CD-ROMs.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Sep. 19 2002, 3:49 am

• Almost all CD-ROM based drives today are CAV --> faster read speed at outer edge of disc.
  • Dummying pushes your movie files to be burned at the outer edge of the disc (advantageous if you're using up like only 10%, i.e. 60 MB out of 650 MB, of a CD-R's total capacity).

ok i'll do this but one more thing, do I NEED to? Would it come out totally screwed up if i didn't?

You don't NEED to, only if you WANT to as it was only a suggestion.

Anyway, it depends on the CD-ROM drive you use to read the CD-R as well as the bitrate of your movie files, as antime was trying to point out above.

Back