My Posts Don't Flow

My Posts Don't Flow

So, if I had a new avatar....It would probably look something like the thing that's currently up there in the "avatar space." I just looked at Panzer Dragoon Orta screenshots for the first time (I've been avoiding it. Hate Gates too much)....Damn....

::Jizzims:: I may have to go buy an used XBox now....Damn you, Sega....Damn you straight to Hell....Please, keep making good games.... Anywho....Out of curiosity, are there any plans for another Virtual On game? I picked up a Saturn for $20 with 2 controllers and the NiGHTS sampler. I remembered how much I loved that game now. And I am completely stuck on Virtual On's 2-player mode. I'm thinking the new Sunfire is in tomorrow and jackass here has a new ride....Muhaha....Damn you Sega....Damn you straight to Hell....I want a Virtual On game on PS2....::Goes to Sega's website to request such a title for said console::....

My Posts Don't Flow

Michaias,

you should have no trouble finding one at a local pawn shop
tongue.gif

My Posts Don't Flow

Why bother buying a used xbox, you can get a brand new one for like 10 - 20 dollars more than a used one, plus you get everything brand new in box.

My Posts Don't Flow

Why bother buying a used xbox, you can get a brand new one for like 10 - 20 dollars more than a used one, plus you get everything brand new in box.

Because if I buy a used one, then Bill gets none of the money. And, yes, I will go to that extreme to save $10, anyway.

My Posts Don't Flow

Originally posted by Michaias@July 30 2002, 10:17 am

Because if I buy a used one, then Bill gets none of the money. And, yes, I will go to that extreme to save $10, anyway.

Good point :
wink.gif
:

My Posts Don't Flow

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@July 29 2002, 11:26 am

But you have no idea if the used system has been abused or not.

Ask to get a look at it at the shop your are buying from, and if it doesn't work then just take it back for another. BTW never buy refurbished, if something has gone wrong once with the machine chances are something will go wrong again, plus you never know what kind of internal "fixing" they have done, could be different parts, might be a bybass of certain things.

And for PS2 why not try the Armored Core series or Zone of the Enders. They KINDA go along the lines of Virtual On...

My Posts Don't Flow

actualy m$ currently loses over $100 per xbox they sell. so if you go buy a used 1 m$ loses nothing, if you buy a new one they lose another $100

My Posts Don't Flow

I don't see why everyone hates microsoft so much... I know they aren't the best producers of software but why hate them? And again i'm saying, just like sony and sony entertainment of america are two ENTIRELY different things, microsoft and the team working on xbox are two ENTIRELY different things.

My Posts Don't Flow

The division of microsoft that produces the xbox is ENTIRELY different from the software division.

My Posts Don't Flow

People are too jaded to get past the name.

You know, for all the people who whine about MS, you'd think there'd be more Linux-only users out there. Go figure.

My Posts Don't Flow

or Mac even... man i wish i had a mac. I would get one too if they were just more compatible for gaming.

My Posts Don't Flow

I've used a mac, I hat ethem with a passion, a 1 button mouse, horrid OS, slower than molasses. blah @ apple.

My Posts Don't Flow

um ok let me rephrase, they are great producers of software but if only they weren't the ONLY producers of software. (you know what i mean, like the big giant corp of software producing)

My Posts Don't Flow

It would be better if Microsoft was not so aggressive towards its competitors and did not charge so much for its software. Though I don't see that as a reason to hate it.

My Posts Don't Flow

As far as Microsoft's XBox division and their software division (outside XBox), I don't think it's too much of a stretch of the imagination to say all the money ultimately ends up in Bill's bank account (OK, not all of it because he has bills, too, and he pays out to other people, and yada, yada, yada, but he gets his fair share). The Mac....Yeah, it sucks. I feel sorry for Steve Jobs. Linux is a pain in the ass OS, but worth it if you know what the Hell you're doing. I, unfortunately, still drown in Linux. The reason most people use Windows is because it's so goddamn easy (but you already knew that). Personally, I feel like Windows is diaper days, and I'm tired of being the child. I'm also tired of IE repeatedly closing out on me, and my computer crashing....But ya know....The price we pay for simplicity.

My Posts Don't Flow

The price we pay for simplicity.
More like the price for saving money.
biggrin.gif
If you used Windows 2000, you would not have had any problems. Or maybe, you got fooled into thinking that the OS is really simple and have not done enough to keep it stable. I myself, don't appreciate the pricing of MS products, but that is about all I dislike.

My OS has not crushed or become frozen in many months. The office did not let me loose a single document. The browser runs almost every site flawlessly, even if dozens of them are open at the same time. The development environment is powerful, well-documented and easy to work with.

That said, there IS competition for Microsoft. There is a project of an open-source Windows NT-compatible operating system. Lynux and Unix frequent the servers. Corel Word Perfect is an awesome office that I will soon be buying myself. Macintosh is getting quite a bit of support from large comanies like Corel, and recently Microsoft itself. Opera and Netscape are there for the stubborn.

Back