Mystaria and Dragon Force

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about getting Dragon Force and Mystaria. Mystaria is around 88 bucks and Dragon Force is 59. I want to start a saturn collection, but are these prices reasonable? Thanks.

Hmm...I didn't think Mystaria was all that rare. Having played it, I certainly wouldn't pay that much money for it (those prices are in $US, right?).

I think Mystaria is a bit overpriced... In my opinion this game isn't worthy of that price, as for Dragon Force it is a good game, and its price is acceptable, I Think....

no saturn game is worth that much

the fact that people will pay that much is what allows the game "collector" scum of the earth to charge that much

I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like Dragon Force, but i can't deny it's a good game if you like the battle system -I don't. IMO 59 is a good price.

And Mystaria... hehe, I wouldn't even pay $20 for that game. It has mediocre graphics and you can play SF3 if you want a good battle-RPG.

If Dragon Force is in mint cnodition $59.00 is about average for one on Ebay from what I remember. I personally don't like Dragon Force either.

$88.00 is way to much for Mysteria. I think I got it for about $15.00 a few years back at a EB. You can also Get Blazing Heroes which is basically the same game and it's much cheaper and easier to find. Personally I wouldn't pay anything more than $15.00 for one. It still not that bad of the game. If you like Shining Force style of gamepaly you'll probably like it. Since it a early generation Saturn title it's visuals aren't that great.

Then it is not "Blazing Heroes is basically the same thing as Mystaria" (Azazel) it IS THE SAME THING... hehe, but I think it is much more common with the blazing heroes title...

Mystaria is rarer, since Sega renamed it due to some conflict. Also, Dragon Force is very good of you like Strat Rpgs! Think of armies of 200 hundred soldiers rushing against eachother in glorious 3d realtime. And in the middle of the fight, you can cast a spell and watch what happens
smile.gif
If you ask me its worth that price.

I think at one point I heard that Mystaria had to be renamed to blazing heros because the name Mystaria was too clost to the name of the PC adventure game Myst (Which, might I add, was an absolutly terrable game imo. Never could figure out how it managed to sell over a million copies).

myst sold well because of the zietgeist, or maybe the apropos

it was the right thing at the right time

cdrom technology was just becomeing common enough to use for video games and myst made good use of the resources availible

alos it's fairly unique in it's surreal atmosphere, weird games did fairly well in the early-mid ninetys, even bad mojo sold a fair amount of copies

then came the first person shooter

and away went anything enjoyable or interesting

Yes if I wasn't clear in my other post Mysteria and Blazing Heroes are the same game except for the name change and they fixed a few minor dialogue parts in Blazing Heroes.

ACtually I think the name change had more to do with the Dungeons and Dragon Shadow over Mysteria or whatever it was called.

Actually the battles in Dragon Force might look nice but there really boring. All you can do is just chose a formation for your troops and cast a spell evrey now and than. Really boring imho. You can just beat the game by using this one really dump stretegy as the AI in it is really stupid.

I always wanted to play myst, i thought it would be like, irem's, (or is it icom?) simulations. I loved playing Shadowgate and Uninvited on the NES, hours upon hours of finding new ways of killing yourself. I heard somewhere that you can play them on a PDA, did they really port them?

Oh, and mysteria/blazing heroes wasn't bad, iirc, microcabin developed it, and at the time i found it to be a suitable 3d shining force. It could have been better if the towns could've been freely walked about, and if there had been a larger world... oh and the loading times. Ugh. it's still a good game, and unless you're super saturn fan that's trying to collect all the games and variations, i'd agree with the others that 88 is too much.

Originally posted by Nadius@Dec. 29 2002, 10:38 am

I always wanted to play myst, i thought it would be like, irem's, (or is it icom?) simulations. I loved playing Shadowgate and Uninvited on the NES, hours upon hours of finding new ways of killing yourself. I heard somewhere that you can play them on a PDA, did they really port them?

Icom, and yeah, they seem to have been ported. Sadly it seems none of the ports have an UI that's even near as good as the Mac originals.

Back