Naturalled skilled gamer

Gallstaff

Established Member
I've just been noticing this. Whenever me and my friends play games for any given system and neither of us has ever played it before, I usually pick it up right away and start tooling on it but my friends seem to take time to have to learn every little control and move and stuff and for this they suffer.

Does anyone else notice people who are just more adpept to playing a game and getting the hang of it right away without much practice. I think it comes from just playing games in general for years so you are used to what is supposed to happen and what should happen. Like if it's a racing game, ok I've played enough to know that A or X is probabably accelerate, whatever the button on the left is is stop or reverse, so on.

Fighting games are also somewhere I can pick up easily and just start tooling on my friends. There is also a projectile move which sweep the stick from up to down followed by either a punch or a kick. then you can do it in reverse and that's usually a move. There is also the dredded Tekken 3 moves in which you have to pull of some insane combo and it ends up being just like a stupid kick or flying punch.

So yeah I kinda rambled but has anyone else noticed?

if the game is remotely similar to another game you've played, you should de decent at it.

2D fighters are the classic example. Many moves are based off the standard Street Fighter 2 moves.

Driving games are mostly alive except for handling and such differs

Puzzle games -- same concepts.

Platformers -- pretty straightforward.

you get the idea

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jun 26, 2003 @ 02:33 PM

I've just been noticing this. Whenever me and my friends play games for any given system and neither of us has ever played it before, I usually pick it up right away and start tooling on it but my friends seem to take time to have to learn every little control and move and stuff and for this they suffer.

Does anyone else notice people who are just more adpept to playing a game and getting the hang of it right away without much practice. I think it comes from just playing games in general for years so you are used to what is supposed to happen and what should happen. Like if it's a racing game, ok I've played enough to know that A or X is probabably accelerate, whatever the button on the left is is stop or reverse, so on.

Fighting games are also somewhere I can pick up easily and just start tooling on my friends. There is also a projectile move which sweep the stick from up to down followed by either a punch or a kick. then you can do it in reverse and that's usually a move. There is also the dredded Tekken 3 moves in which you have to pull of some insane combo and it ends up being just like a stupid kick or flying punch.

So yeah I kinda rambled but has anyone else noticed?

maybe your dad and other dad were pure bred gamers, so when they eloped and had you, they had an uber gamer

I'm sorry I just had to laugh at that
laugh.gif

Originally posted by Jurai@Jun 26, 2003 @ 10:37 PM

maybe your dad and other dad were pure bred gamers, so when they eloped and had you, they had an uber gamer

I'd rather have two dads than an abusive father and a drunk mother which so obviously have raised you well

Originally posted by Gallstaff+Jun 26, 2003 @ 07:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gallstaff @ Jun 26, 2003 @ 07:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jurai@Jun 26, 2003 @ 10:37 PM

I'd rather have two dads than an abusive father and a drunk mother which so obviously have raised you well [/b][/quote]

atleast my dad doesnt love the cock

Back