Need a Hex Editor

Okay, here's what I want to do. I'm playing Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb on PC. I'm almost done except I'm at one of the last levels. The completely stupid thing is that you CAN'T SAVE. That's right, you can't save on your own. You have to complete the level for it to autosave at the end. Problem is, this level is really, really, annoying. The controls/camera are messed up enough to make the series of jumping I have to do..well..insane. I've come SO CLOSE to the end about a million times only to make a tiny mistake and fall to my death. I've even used a cheat to disable the AI so I don't have to worry about things trying to kill me, just about jumping. And I still mess it up--every time.

So I found a save game that has all the levels unlocked. Thing is, the person didn't get any of the extra "artifacts" throughout the game and the levels. I'd go back and get them, but there are two in the particular level I can't pass. I want them all because it unlocks something.

Now then, the hex editor. I'd like to be able to unlock whatever it is at the end when you get all the artifacts. I'm guessing there's probably some way to hack the save game file to make it think I have them all. I thought maybe a hex editor would allow me to do this. But I don't know squat about it. Does anyone have any advice? Can someone suggest a good hex editing program for a beginner? Or would some kind soul who knows what he's doing take a look? The SG file is about 3k compressed, so if someone was willing to take a look I could email it to you. I also have my actual SG file that might show what "flags" are thrown when you find an artifact (maybe comparing the two files would help figure it out).

Hell, maybe someone knows of a SG archive that has the file I need. I've looked, but found nothing. If anyone can point me in the right direction/lend me their expertise I would appreciate it. Maybe I'll try the level again, but right now I'm sooo damn pissed at it. I can't even imagine how many tries it's taken me so far. Arrgh..

Thanks.

blah, nevermind. Seriously, I've been trying this level for I dunno how long. I gave it one more go and I got through. I hate it when the first few levels before the last, final boss, are harder than the boss itself. And not just hard, but retardedly and unnecessaraly difficult. :blink:

Back