Need help fixing a 4in1 cart

As some of you may have read in the other forum, I discovered that Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter need the same mod in the 4in1 cart that Vampire Savior. So, I read some pages that a few guys have posted and in the other forum teaching how to do that, but when I opened my cart it had nothing alike with the one in the pictures I saw. I decided to search a little more, and found a page that supposedly has all Saturn carts, including 3rd parties. Well, the bad thing is I didn't found my cart in that page.

I'd like to know if anyone has a guide to mod my cart or anything that could help in that matter. I put some pictures I got from my cart in this Yahoo page, if anyone is interested:

http://br.photos.yahoo.com/bc/trueyceman/l...otos.yahoo.com/

Thanks a lot

Are you sure your cart actually has 4MB of RAM and not just 1MB? I can't see the chip markings from your pictures. Also, what do the DIP switches do?

edit: just read the other thread; did you ever get the actual RAM error message?

Are you sure your cart actually has 4MB of RAM and not just 1MB?

Yes I am. I can play X-Men vs Street Fighter, which needs 4mb

Also, what do the DIP switches do?

From what I remember from the box of the cart, it was supposed to select what functions would be active at the moment, but I don't think it works.

edit: just read the other thread; did you ever get the actual RAM error message?

No, I didn't. Just the screens I described in the other thread

If the information I have is correct, the cart fix mentioned is specific to the EMS Action Replay 4M Plus, and only fixes the identification code reported by the cart to the correct value for a 4M cart, so I doubt that this is the cause of your problem.

Although I really want that to be true, I find hard to believe that my old cheap cart wouldn't have that problem. But anyway, I'll try to test it with other games that need the fixed 4mb ram and then I'll say here again if I got it to work.

Just some updated info for the ones of you who might be interested: I downloaded Final Fight Revenge (crappy game) just to see if it would work, cause I think it also needs the fixed EMS 4-in-1 cart. Well, the game worked fine (if you can say that about this game) and so I tried again with my beloved Marvel vs Street Fighter; I was burning it in RAW mode, so I decided to burn it "cooked" to see if it would make any difference and... it did! I'm right now playing Marvel vs Street Fighter with almost no loading!

Well, I'm very happy that my cheap 4in1 cart doesn't need any mod

Back