Need new monitor

Gallstaff

Established Member
I need a new computer monitor (well it can be used I meant new to me) for under 300 dollars which can display resolutions over 1024x768 and preferbly at least 16 viewable. I know that's asking kind of a lot but those are what I need. Here's other things which would be cool to have:

Black color

Not flat panel or lcd but flat tubes, like the viewable portion is flat but the monitor itself could be a crt.

Over 16 viewable would be cool

Thanks guys I really need a new monitor casue this one is a piece of crap.

I just got a NEC/Mitsubishi 19" (18" viewable) flat CRT for $210 after rebate -- usually $250. It's black and seems pretty nice so far. Comparable to a Sony Trinitron without the extra cost.

I still can't recomend getting a LCD unless you need the space and want to sacrafice image detail.

Never get a cheap LCD either -- you'll regret it

I have an LCD right now which I actually like and it takes up not too much space but it still can't beat a good CRT. Can you link me to t his monitor you have?

Oh also what's the max res it can go to and what's the max hertz?

You can still get it with a rebate at Office Max

# Size: 19"

# Viewable Image Size: 18.0"

# Maximum Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 76 Hz

# CRT: Shadow Mask Flat

# Horizontal Frequency: 31 kHz to 96 kHz

# 17.4 in (W) x 17.8 in (H) x 17.9 in (D)

I'd still keep the LCD if you can and use it as a second monitor.

That's what I might do eventually -- CRT for the main monitor and maybe a LCD for a second display

A couple of months back i got a VPR Matrix monitor from Best Buy for 99.00 after a 100 dollar mail in rebate. I dunno if you can still get it or how much it is now but these are the specs..

# 16" viewable image size

# 1600 x 1200 maximum resolution at 75Hz

# .20 horizontal dot pitch (.25 diagonal)

# 3-meter (9' 8") extra-long signal cord

# 50–160Hz vertical frequency

# 30–96KHz horizontal frequency

well, I am also lookin for a monitor....a nice flat screen crt would be nice. Preferably white in color and 17+'' viewable. lookin to spend 200 or less....maybe a lil more if it's worth it. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by IBarracudaI+Oct 2, 2003 @ 07:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IBarracudaI @ Oct 2, 2003 @ 07:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Oct 2, 2003 @ 07:10 PM

I'm not sure if I've seen too many 17" inchers with a flat glass.

If I see some, I'll let you know

It's pretty common... I've got 2 of those.. [/b][/quote]

oh ok -- cool

there are usually sales on Viewsonics at Best Buy and Compusa, but all the models I see are black/silver

Speaking of monitors, I just bought a Sony CRT CPD-G520P. There was a $120 instant rebate and it qualfied for free shipping at newegg :)
  • Model: CPD-G520P
  • Display Technology: Flat Display Trinitron® CRT; Digital Multiscan® technology; Active Signal Correction (ASC™) Circuitry
  • Display Size: 21"
  • Viewable Image Size: 19.8"
  • Resolutions Supported: Up to 2048 x 1536 @ 75Hz
  • Recommended Resolutions: 1880 x 1440 @ 85Hz, 1600 x 1200 @ 85Hz, 1280 x 1024 @ 85Hz
  • Aperture Grille Pitch: 0.24mm
  • Vertical Refresh: 48Hz to 170Hz
  • Horizontal Scan: 30kHz to 130kHz
  • Input Connectors: D-sub HD15 x 2
  • Color: Metallic Silver and Dark Gray
  • Dimensions: 19.6" (W) x 19.6" (H) x 19.2" (D)

Back