Need some help burning Saturn Isos

I have tried to burn some isos (Virtual on, Samurai 4, Radiant Silvergun, Sega Rally and Shining the Holy Ark) and when I put it in my modded Saturn it goes to that cd player screen and I can listen all the audio tracks, but I can't play the game (no further error message appears). I don't think it's a region problem because I have a 4in1 cart, and besides I have also tried to use Satconv to change the iso region code. Well, here's what I do to burn:

* Convert the mp3 to wave

* Use Sega Cue Maker to make a proper cue

* Use Nero in DAO/96 at 4x to burn it

Here's what I have tried already:

* Using Cdrwin (happens the same thing that happens when using Nero)

* Using Cdmage to convert my Mode1/2048 Isos to Mode1/2352 (raw) (happens the same thing that happens when I use regular Mode1/2048)

* Downloading the iso from somewhere else (have already tried the Segaxtreme hub, but everything is the same)

* Checking the RAW box in Cdrwin, but it doesn't work (I get the following error: "Error: 'START DAO RECORDING' command failed on device 2:0:0. Unable to set disc parameters")

BTW, my burner is a HP9300, and I have already burned 1 game quite some time ago (Shining Force 3 Scenario 1) and I had none of these problems, but as far as I remember it was a bin/cue iso, while all of the ones I'm trying to burn right now are iso/cue.

I know there are a lot of burning problems topics and you guys must be tired of answering it all, but I have read everything I could find and still can't work it out.

Thanks

Try either track at once, or session at once (if you have that option) and see if that makes any difference. It certainly sounds like you've tried a lot of different things - I really don't know what else it could be...

huh.gif

Are you sure it is not a modboard problem?

In this cases an emu really becomes handy.... try booting this cds with a saturn emu...

I agree. You did everything right to begin with, and your attempts at raw-mode burning (DAO/96) really are overkill actually. It _has_ to be a problem with the Saturn/modchip itself... Especially if your old burn of Shining Force suddenly no longer works (have you thought of testing that?)
smile.gif

Oh, and... Please, don't say "bin/cue iso" and "iso/cue", that's a horrible mix-up of terms.
smile.gif
There's bin/cue images and iso/mp3 (or iso/wav) images... ISOs are single data tracks, never complete CD images (sadly a lot of people think so). I know I'm just being a prick here but if I keep spreading the message, hopefully it'll catch on.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@May 8, 2003 @ 11:16 AM

It _has_ to be a problem with the Saturn/modchip itself... Especially if your old burn of Shining Force suddenly no longer works (have you thought of testing that?)
smile.gif

Well, the problem is it does works
sad.gif

Also, I have some non-original pressed games and they work too

Now I'm gonna try to get an emulator to see if I can run these isos in my pc

Are you turning on your saturn with the cd door open or closed?

Most of the mods avaliable now are disabled if you turn it on with the door open.

Originally posted by Zero 9@May 8, 2003 @ 06:11 PM

Are you turning on your saturn with the cd door open or closed?

Most of the mods avaliable now are disabled if you turn it on with the door open.

I have done that always closed cd door thing (opening the case and taping the lever)

Does your Saturn ever say DISC UNSUITABLE... or GAME DISC UNSUITABLE... or does it simply think the CD is audio-only?

Originally posted by Taelon@May 11, 2003 @ 10:03 PM

Does your Saturn ever say DISC UNSUITABLE... or GAME DISC UNSUITABLE... or does it simply think the CD is audio-only?

It just shows the "checking disc" and after a while it's like an audio cd, no disc or game unsuitable message.

Originally posted by Yceman+May 12, 2003 @ 04:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yceman @ May 12, 2003 @ 04:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Taelon@May 11, 2003 @ 10:03 PM

It just shows the "checking disc" and after a while it's like an audio cd, no disc or game unsuitable message. [/b][/quote]

weird --- thats what mine did when I had a messed up mod job

and your other direct copies and originals still work fine?

Originally posted by racketboy@May 12, 2003 @ 11:52 AM

and your other direct copies and originals still work fine?

Yes they do

But just now I think I found something: I used Gavionne to emulate the same isos I'm having problems with and I got the same error that I got in my Saturn: after the Sega Saturn animated logo it just goes to that cd player screen with no error message.

Now I'm thinking that the problem is with the isos I downloaded (although I think it's strange that all of them are bad).

Well, I guess I know what the problem was: the media

I change the media I was using to burn the games and now I can play them.

It's funny that the saturn can read the audio tracks but not the data in a cheap cdr

Well, what do you know!
smile.gif

But it's not so surprising that audio is easier to read than data. For one thing, audio is allowed to have minor errors whereas data must be perfect. I guess with poor-quality CD media - especially if you burn raw-mode bin/cue images or such, which include ECC information that may already be slightly corrupted, these errors and the ones caused by the media add up and make the data track bad.

Plus, the Saturn uses a double-speed drive so data is read at 2x the speed of audio tracks. It all just tends to add up.

But glad you got your issue licked!!
smile.gif

what brand was it that would and wouldn't work?

good to know for reference

glad to hear you got them working!
smile.gif

Well, I was using a cdrw called Nipponic (before anyone wonders, I did the trick to play cdrw) and now I'm using Sony cdr or cdr from a brand called Dr. Hank.

Originally posted by Yceman@May 15, 2003 @ 04:39 PM

Well, I was using a cdrw called Nipponic (before anyone wonders, I did the trick to play cdrw) and now I'm using Sony cdr or cdr from a brand called Dr. Hank.

I wish you had mentioned that sooner, because now I'm wondering how you KNEW that CDRWs were working in your Saturn to begin with.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@May 17, 2003 @ 11:30 PM

I wish you had mentioned that sooner, because now I'm wondering how you KNEW that CDRWs were working in your Saturn to begin with.
tongue.gif

Well, I assumed that if the Saturn can read the audio tracks, it could read the data too, even if it was in a cdrw.

Besides what, I realized today that if I turn my Saturn on/off some times it would eventually boot the game in the cdrw and play normally. Although doing this is not practical and probably not healthy for the system, at least I can test the game before burning into a cdr.

Back