Need some help on booting saturn copies

Hi, I just got a saturn console and I burned a game (ultimate mk3) and patched it with that country patcher...

Now I want to boot this cd with the swap trick, but it doesn't work... :-(

I have a european saturn console. I screwed the console open and taped the door thing.

Her'es what I did...

I put the copied cd in... wait till the lens go to theoutside, swap with original cd... wait till cd lens goes back and swap again with the copied cd...

This doesn't work ! :-( I tried many many MANY times !!!!

maybe my burned cd istn't right burned....

can someone please help me ???

THANKS !!!

You're probably just not getting the timing of the second swap right. I could never get it right myself. I think it's supposed to be about a half a second after the laser moves, or something.

What I do is after the first swap, I let the original load up, and after it does, I hit reset. Then just as the sound is about to end (the sound from the Saturn symbol coming together) I swap back to the copy. I don't know if that would work with a European Saturn, though.

Ultimate MK3, AFAIK, has the most audio tracks for any Saturn game. That might or might not be a factor to consider when swapping. Have you tried swapping with any other patched backup game successfully? How did you burn the Ultimate MK3 games (software, speed, blank, and procedure)? If you've done everything correctly, then it might as well be due to the timing of the second swap, as Shentar mentioned above, or perhaps this game requires more swaps (you'll know if the lens shifts back to read the copy protection ring after the last swap).

I used to have that problem with the lens shifting back to read the copy protection ring a lot. I always thought it just meant I swapped a little too early. That was back when I was attempting the normal swap trick. I haven't had that problem for a while.

I burned the game with Nero at 12 speed on but I wrote my cue sheet myself, maybe thats the problem... maybe the cuesheet isn't correct...

I did it :

FILE "C:Documents and SettingsOlivier VanbosseghemBureaubladumk3UMK3.ISO" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2048

INDEX 01 00:00:00

POSTGAP 00:02:00

FILE "C:Documents and SettingsOlivier VanbosseghemBureaubladumk3TRACK02.WAV" WAVE

TRACK 02 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

FILE "C:Documents and SettingsOlivier VanbosseghemBureaubladumk3TRACK03.WAV" WAVE

TRACK 03 AUDIO

FILE "C:Documents and SettingsOlivier VanbosseghemBureaubladumk3TRACK04.WAV" WAVE

TRACK 04 AUDIO

And so on...

Is this right ???

Well, I wouldn't know about the cue sheet, but I've always been told to burn things like this at a low speed. I usually do them at 1x.

hi,

Thanks for your help averyone, but I think I'm gonna buy the modchip board...

I have one question, If ihave a modchip+the saturn satellite, then can I play import backups ?

Thanks

for the price difference, look if the site your looking at has the par with 4mb ram

then you can play any game except ultraman and kof 95 as a backup (they require their own rom carts)

Quote: from megametalgreymon on 5:26 pm on Jan. 8, 2002

for the price difference, look if the site your looking at has the par with 4mb ram

then you can play any game except ultraman and kof 95 as a backup (they require their own rom carts)

So you don't need a mod chip board if you have a pro ar ???

So you don't need a mod chip board if you have a pro ar ???
If you use the swap trick, then you don't need a mod chip board to play backups.

If you don't use the swap trick, then you do need a mod chip board to play backups.

The Pro AR doesn't defeat the copy protection, only the region protection and makes the swap trick easier.

sorry, missed out that the mad is needed for backups as well

the only thing you couldnt do with that setup (modchip and par) is switch between 50/60hz

the only way of doing that is to physically solder a switch to the board

there is another way to do the swaptrick!

1st, put in the backup.

2nd, wait until the cd menu comes up & the cd stops.

3rd, switch with your original cd then press reset.

4th, when you hear (or see) the laser motor move towards the center of the cd, swith back to the backup.

it works everytime! also try to use 74 minute cd's they seem to work better than the 80 minute ones.

Doesn't work also :-(

The laser goes back to the outside of the cd when I swap my original with the backup again...

I burned a new copie to, but no use...

Please help

Back