Needed Instructions for Burning on a Mac

I tried to burn Sonic R from Lockes server with Toast 5, but the Saturn says that the disc is not valid for that system. I followed Mookies instructions, but it didnt work. Now before I make another coaster, I was thinking that it went wrong because the Disc-at-once option was ON...was that the problem?

Quote: from Bocmaxima on 6:47 am on Jan. 11, 2002

I tried to burn Sonic R from Lockes server with Toast 5, but the Saturn says that the disc is not valid for that system. I followed Mookies instructions, but it didnt work. Now before I make another coaster, I was thinking that it went wrong because the Disc-at-once option was ON...was that the problem?

keep it on.

did you change the country code using satconv in virtual pc? and did it say game disc instead of only disc? (yes=former)

(Edited by lockecole2 at 2:18 pm on Jan. 11, 2002)

If you are talking about the Saturn, yes it said Game Disc is not valid for this system I believe. No, I didnt change the country code...I dont have VPC anymore...dammit, I knew I should not have sold it....oh well...I thought it was english cause it said Socnic R (e), so it was my fault for assuming. I will get VPC off of hotline or something...it should only take a week with this dial up...hahaa...ok, thanks again for the help locke.

e is europe, just incase you werent clear

u would normally indicate that it would work in a us saturn, but its always worth checking with satconv, unless you want to get a par cart or similar device

Quote: from Bocmaxima on 8:57 pm on Jan. 11, 2002

If you are talking about the Saturn, yes it said Game Disc is not valid for this system I believe. No, I didnt change the country code...I dont have VPC anymore...dammit, I knew I should not have sold it....oh well...I thought it was english cause it said Socnic R (e), so it was my fault for assuming. I will get VPC off of hotline or something...it should only take a week with this dial up...hahaa...ok, thanks again for the help locke.

no need to get vpc .. i ported over the satconv source tyranid released, and put up the app in the root of my ftp.

Cool, I got Sonic R to work, but for some reason the audio kame out like it was run through a distortion pedal, no big deal, I wanted the game anyway...the sound effects work so...KoF 97 doesnt work, I converted it to USA and everything but it doesnt work...no big deal. Now as soon as someone writes a program to take care of those .cdr files from BinChunker, I never have to visit a PC again! Thanks locke, you really have been an indespensible resource.

Well its true...I must sound like I dont know anything about my Mac for all the questions I have asked...I do, just not about burning isos...now KOF, It starts to the lad screen and then immediately goes to a blue screen that has a bunch of japanese text and RAM on it...it wont progress from there...I checked the country code twice...it says US...dunno, that SatConv is sweet...if you change a Jap game to US, will it just play on your console with Japanese text?

Quote: from Bocmaxima on 4:59 am on Jan. 13, 2002

Well its true...I must sound like I dont know anything about my Mac for all the questions I have asked...I do, just not about burning isos...now KOF, It starts to the lad screen and then immediately goes to a blue screen that has a bunch of japanese text and RAM on it...it wont progress from there...I checked the country code twice...it says US...dunno, that SatConv is sweet...if you change a Jap game to US, will it just play on your console with Japanese text?

yeah, it'll only play with the jap text, as all satconv does is change a few values in the header of the disc image to make it look like it's a US game.

Back