Nester 5.0

Nester 5.0 works like a miracle!!

it's just...perfect!

i never bothered with v4.x because i was kind of sort of skeptical after 3.0 but 5.0 is just so.....good!

now, if only DreamSNES can get up to that level ^_^

Man, I haven't tried emulated console games on my DC besides Boob!Boy and the Smash Pack. This one sounds like a good candidate to try out next.

Quote: from eatpenguin on 1:16 am on Feb. 28, 2002

Nester 5.0 works like a miracle!!it's just...perfect!

i never bothered with v4.x because i was kind of sort of skeptical after 3.0 but 5.0 is just so.....good!

now, if only DreamSNES can get up to that level ^_^

you are quite correct. the emulation is freakin' perfect.

castlevaina II looks better than the actual nes cart, i suppose due to the increased resolution the dc can offer. and it runs at full speed (60fps?) with no slowdown.

also was a breeze to burn a selfboot from raw files, and changing the bmp's (for title, loading, etc) was quite cool as well ;)

(Edited by lockecole2 at 11:25 pm on Mar. 1, 2002)

I have three NES's, and all of them just collect dust cause Nester works better on the DC then my NES's can run normal carts. NesterDC IMO is the best emu ever to come into the DC scene. Its the closest thing to perfect emulation I have seen on the DC or PC, ever.

For the most part, this emu runs near perfect, sound and speed. Of all games I've tested, all ran with the exception of Major League Baseball, it just doesn't want run although it does make a good screen saver ;). But then again, in my experience, there wasn't one emu for the PC in English that was able to run MLB. The only PC emu that did run was this demo Chinese emu, forgot the name of it though.

how can you emulate a console on dreamcast?

The same way you can on any other computer. Video game consoles are really just computers that are designed to play games, and in fact the only real difference between most of the older home computers (e.g. Commodore 64, Atari 400/800, Apple //) and video game systems is that the computers have keyboards and tape/disk drives. For most of the emulators that run on DC, someone obtains the source code to the PC version and rewrites the ROM loading, graphics, and sound functions to go through something like libdream/KallistiOS. A few are actually written specifically for DC, but most are ports of open source emulators for PC.

Yes. It requires a burner that supports multisession, but aside from that it's not really complicated unless you want to make a single CD with the emu and roms on it. Rumor has it that some DC units won't play CD-R, but the only ones I've seen this credibly confirmed for are the Hello Kitty and Sakura Taisen special editions.

bah

them crazy-people who claim to have "created the dc sk3n3" at dcemulation.com

they had more than enough scandals over there.

just download dcfactory, and all you gotta do is specify where your roms are, and it'll burn a self-booting emu disc for you.

Anyone know if it runs Crystalis and/or Crash 'n the Boys' Street Challenge (particularly the rooftop jumping) without graphical glitches?

There's an NES emulator available for Gameboy Advance, too. If you blow enough money on a flash cart, you can have EVERY game ever made on one cartridge. o_o Too rich for my blood. As for NesterDC, I was impressed by it, but I'm done playing NES games for a few years. Right now I'm getting back into Saturn and SNES. HAH! I sure picked the right time. -_-

Back