New Dancing Game for the GC!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Mad Catz will be releasing a dancing game for the GC called MC Groovz Dance Craze. This game will be released sometime this month in the US. The game comes with a dance pad and 25 songs for only $50. Additional dance pads will be $30.

It's about time someone came out with a ddr type game for the GC!

Thanks to the Magic Box for the news.

IceMan2k said:
It's about time someone came out with a ddr type game for the GC!
Yeah, there needs to be more music/ dance/ rhythm games being made! Too many boring RPG's, and FPS.. anybody else getting tired of this trend?

What I would like to see in a DDR clone, is gearing up to gameplay to accept actual dancing routines and stuff, rather than the 'steps' you find in DDR (not that the steps are bad or anything 😉). I'm pretty sure that (if designed well), this sort of game could make some money... well, at least in arcades :lol:

If you're fat, and own a Gamecube, MC Groovz Dance Craze is just for you!!
Lose those extra inches and watch your fat shed like magic while playing this game!!!!

CALL NOW!!!

Supergrom said:
how would the game know you are doing more than steps though? the only way i can think of that it might be able to tell is one of those full body motion capture suits, and thats just not feasible.

I can't think of a way the game could tell the difference between 'stepping' and 'dancing' either. Except, a game such as this would not require the computer to know the difference because it would be geared up towards "dancing for fun", and for the non-gamer/ casual-gamer, this is good enough reason to play the game 🙂

And btw, I've deliberately refrained from going into much detail, for the sake of "easy reading" which I believe is what most users would expect from a simple Nintendo message board. Enjoy!

Ian Van Dahl said:
If you're fat, and own a Gamecube, MC Groovz Dance Craze is just for you!!
Lose those extra inches and watch your fat shed like magic while playing this game!!!!

CALL NOW!!!

Haha, so true...

Anyway, I thought a good DDR like game was Donkey Konga, its a good workout for your arms...

So a complete workout is ready just for you, Donkey Konga, and MC Groovz Dance Craze.

They should have more games like this int the U.S.A.
My sister when over to Japan to visit a friend, and she saw a whole bunch of games that required the body to move.
Like this boxing game that had you punch the pads, and this kickboxer one where you punched and kicked!!!
Oustanding games to workout with.

When DDR hit the street, yo, that was hot.
Me and my friends would go up there and work up a real sweet just playing the game.
And the best of all, we didn't notice the pain until after the fact!!!

GREAT STUFF!!!

Back