Red Moon: Lost Days

Red Moon: Lost Days - New homebrew game for Sega Saturn 1.0

sansigolo

Established Member
Hello everyone,

It's me Sansigolo (@G_Sansigolo), as some of you probably already know.
Today on 31/01, I through Neuromage Studio, released a game for Sega
Saturn, this game has been in development for almost two years.

I hope you enjoy it.

new_cover.png

Red Moon: Lost Days

yHhd1o.png

Red Moon: Lost Days is a RPG/visual novel hybrid developed for the Sega Saturn about Kyou Tan Wa, a pilot who after lost contact with a Army General friend, sets out on a journey to Egypt to investigate his disappearance.

Nineteen years have passed, but the shadow of the Great War is still upon the world. On February 28, 2019, the 3th world war began. The war was between China and the United States of America. A series of sanctions imposed by US ignited this war. Eventually, including a total ban on trade between China-backed countries. A feature of the Great War was the use of war robots, pilot operated biped machines, the Metal Knights. When China won the war, the world changed. For good.

China now called Great China became a union of republics. Consolidating itself as the largest economy. After that, Great China has establish a system to remain militarily stately. The Great Generals system. Each of the Great Generals act as a strong independent force. They are distributed throughout the nation. Zhaoky base with Houke and Rinshu, Weisho base with Ren and Goke, Yannro base with Gakuk and Gekishin, Quinou base with Koshou and Lu, and Chukou base with you.

You are Kyou Tan Wa of Chukou, Great General, leader of the Kyou Army and daughter of Shin Tan Wa and Rei. You carry on your back the weight of being the sword and the shield of Chukou. Before being a Great General, you were just a girl in the middle of nowhere. You grew up on the border of United Europe with Great China, once known as the Middle-East. The battles between the United States and China happened there nineteen years ago. It was at that time that your story began.

BmdKTX.png

dKa9xm.png

Kyou Tan Wa of Chukou, is a Great General from the Great China, leader of the Kyou Army and daughter of Shin Tan Wa and Rei. She was born in China, before it became the Great China. Despite that, she grew up on Middle East.

e%2B0vHn.png

Kaine Hei Kun of Chukou current serve as Vice General, in Kyou Army. She also is considered the best Strategist in Chukou base. She has been Kyou's best friend since the military enlistment.

8EaKFs.png

Kohime Togashi is a kind and polite girl. You two have been best friends since the Aegis Hospital incident. She was born in Japan, before it became the Japan Federation. Despite that, Kohime grew up on Middle East.

WpJWtE.png
Jess is an intelligent woman. She is United Europe's head scientist and" is heavily involved with Metal Knight. She came to Middle East to do volunteer work at a refugee camps.

fBZNva.png

-Amazing character, backgrounds and CG art from @amkitani
-Original soundtrack from Guilherme Crispim
-Nonlinear narrative with multiple paths
-Fully explorable RPG areas
-Multiple languages (Portuguese and English)

About the Game

This game was made for Sega Saturn, Sega's 32-bit video game console. To play it is necessary to download an emulator, burn the ISO to a CD or add it to ODE. To play on a computer, we recommend the emulators: Mednafen or multi-core emulators such as BizHawk or RetroArch.

Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Credits

In addition to the original compositions, the game features music from drackfreeee and Wee Free Music. This game was made using Jo Engine and Neptune Engine.

Attachments

• Red Moon Lost Days (Disc 1).zip
    125 MB · Views: 170
  • Red Moon Lost Days (Disc 2).zip
    124.9 MB · Views: 157
Just launched it for the first time on my Fenrir in my Pal Saturn, however it works without sound.. Also crashed once during launch and everytime the game is trasitioning to new scenes or different walls of text it freezes. Really wanted to enjoy it more :(

I dont want to be picky but I'd like to give some feedback on 2 things that could make the experience more presentable:
- Add an intro of your logo (you have such a cool logo, it would be awesome to have it before the main menu;
- A blinking arrow pointing down after the text stops animating during dialogs (lile they have it in other VN's) or a button "A" prompt

Ok enough with my nitpicking and keep up with the good work!

Just launched it for the first time on my Fenrir in my Pal Saturn, however it works without sound.. Also crashed once during launch and everytime the game is trasitioning to new scenes or different walls of text it freezes. Really wanted to enjoy it more :(

I dont want to be picky but I'd like to give some feedback on 2 things that could make the experience more presentable:
- Add an intro of your logo (you have such a cool logo, it would be awesome to have it before the main menu;
- A blinking arrow pointing down after the text stops animating during dialogs (lile they have it in other VN's) or a button "A" prompt

Ok enough with my nitpicking and keep up with the good work!
Thanks for the feedback.

About running on fenrir, from what I received feedback from another user, the ODE doesn't recognize songs in wav format, I didn't know that because I don't have a fenrir.

About the second feedbacks, I tried to add the prompt but the result was not very good, if I dedicated myself more to these user experience details, the result would be better. I'm so sorry for not being able to deliver a good experience.

I wrote everything down here.

Back