New Dreamcast! New BBA, Useless...

ok here is my situation... I bought a new dreamcast off of ebay which came with 6 crappy sports titles... GREAT!, bought a used like new Broadband adapter in box but with no CD, i have a web browser 2.0 disk but does not support broadband... I'd like to browse the web with the latest browser, but i have no idea where to get one! and i currently have no online playable games... anyone help me out on which browser will support the BBA, is there more than one, if so is it possible to get one online somewhere?

At least in Europe, you can get the latest/last browser disc directly from Sega for shipping and handling. PSO v2 also came with the browser, but I don't know if that was in Europe only.

Hello, if you are in North America, the DC Web Browser v3.0 supports online play with BBA and costs $24.98:

http://newbrowser.sega.com/

Ordering the Dreamcast Web Browser

Version 3.0

Planetweb has released version 3.0 of the Dreamcast Web Browser. Browser 3.0 includes advanced features and enhancements:

[*]Instant Messaging

[*]Flash 4.0 Support

[*]Updated JavaScript

[*]Planetweb's Personal Portal

[*]Applet-based Web games

[*]Broadband Support

You can order it online for $19.99 (plus $4.99 shipping and handling).

For more information, please see the Planetweb website

so basically if you're in the US, you have to pay $25 for a crappy planetweb browser that should be almost free to begin with, and if you're in Europe you actually get PSOv2 for free along with the browser!!??!! haha what's sega of america thinking about??
angry.gif

I think Sega of America think's the Dc is no longer profitable-LOL.

They gave out the newest browser disks free of charge t'ill the dc's last new-games days, I believe 3.0 came out after NHL 2k2 but I could be wrong.

---Ammut

Originally posted by StriderHiryuu@Jan. 08 2003, 7:21 am

and if you're in Europe you actually get PSOv2 for free along with the browser!!??!!

Er, no, if you bought PSO v2 you also got the browser.

and that browser wont let you use the bba anyway

you need the broadband passport, of which there is a hacked copy floating about on the net (all the japanese replaced with english) (ive got the original japanese one with mine, and a copy of the hacked version)

thats assuming youve got a bba, not the lan adaptor

if its the lan adaptor you have you want the lan passport, of which ive only seen (and have) the jap one, that also doesnt work with the games side

Somehow, I wouldn't use a DC for mainly broadband surfing.

I would think gaming would be the biggest thing

???

Originally posted by Burn242@Jan. 07 2003, 3:45 am

ok here is my situation... I bought a new dreamcast off of ebay which came with 6 crappy sports titles... GREAT!, bought a used like new Broadband adapter in box but with no CD, i have a web browser 2.0 disk but does not support broadband... I'd like to browse the web with the latest browser, but i have no idea where to get one! and i currently have no online playable games... anyone help me out on which browser will support the BBA, is there more than one, if so is it possible to get one online somewhere?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....ry=4303

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....ry=4303

I have it and the BBA, but have been too lazy to sit down and rip it, cause i don't have any CDRs to test it .... soon when i have some time i will see what i can do.

Back