New Evil Dead Movie?

Dunno what to feel about this.. Sam Raimi's a big director now and it'd be hard to see this having the same kind of appeal with a huge budget and marketing campaign.. I sincerely hope that I'm proved wrong though.

^_^

Let´s hope that if it becomes reality, they´ll actualy spend time on making it like a B movie.

(Sorta like Bruce´s cameo in "The Majestic" + the original 3 Evil dead movies... wait a minute, like everything Bruce plays in... okay, he has a few cameos in non-B movies though, like Spiderman)

Dusk Till Dawn 2 he made a cameo also :) he did quite a good episode of the X-Files.

Does anyone remember him in Maniac Cop another cult horror classic :)

:devil

I highly agree...

The third installment which was Army of Darkness as we all recall, was not up to par with Evil Dead 1 and 2 in my book.

It is because it went to real production with a bigger budget.

The whole point of a cult classic is the trueness in Sam Raimi using Ketchup for blood and all the cheap stuff in 1 and 2.

Army of Darkness lacked gore majorly, lacked the words. The only thing they upped was Bruce Campbell's, Ash's, cocky attitude.

If they do do a new Evil Dead movie I hope they go standard and make it awesome for all the die-hard fans of the original.

Originally posted by it290@Oct 17, 2003 @ 02:19 AM

I dunno, I thought AoD was superior to the first evil dead film but not the second.

You have got to be F3*#@ing joking me :looney

Heh, just a matter of opinion I guess. Evil Dead 1 was cool, especially the death scene at the end, but ED2 outdid it in just about every way, not to mention the fact that it was practically a remake of the first. I liked how the plot continued from 2 to AoD, not to mention the fact that Ash didn't really gain his attitude until part 2.

The way I understand it, the first Evil Dead movie had nothing to do with its sequels. Dead by Dawn essentialy started it over, flowing into Army of Darkness.

And I must say, Army of Darkness is my second most favorite movie, second only to The Crow.

I like what I'm hearing about using Ash in the next Freddy vs. Jason. It'll probably never happen, but imagine the possibilities. *** FREDDY VS. JASON SPOILER WARNING *** Jason is walking out of the lake carrying Freddy's (still alive) head. Suddenly, Jason feels drawn in a certian direction. Meanwhile, Ash is having a shootout with the Deadites that he brought back with him by messing up the last word (klatau, verata, nei*cough*) in the S-Mart (the end of the studio cut of Army of Darkness). Enter a new Deadite boss (the Dead take over the chick Ash was telling his story to, so the new Deadite boss is a hot babe that Ash will want to save rather than just kill). Then enter Jason, under the control of the Deadite boss. Somehow in the melee, Ash ends up with Freddy's head, and then ends up retreating. He goes back to the cabin to retreive the Necronomicon, only to discover that the place is full and surrounded by Deadites. As the movie goes on, Freddy ends up "helping" Ash, but eventualy turns out to have his own adgenda (of course). In the final battle, Freddy's head ends up merging with the Deadite boss. A portal opens just like at the end of Dead by Dawn, and all the bad guys get sucked into it. The portal is supossed to lead to Hell, which is where Freddy (now with his full body again) ends up. But Jason ends up getting sucked back to the 1300's that AoD took place in. Ash and the babe leave the cabin and go back into town. Upon arrival, they discover a wasteland like that seen at the end of the director's cut of AoD, the result of the unstoppable Jason having 700 years to destroy everything. As the camera zooms around and we see the look of shock on Ash's face, we also see that either he or the babe is holding the Necronomicon in their hands. Zoom in and roll credits.

Heh, that sounds good, except I doubt that Ash would really think twice about killing the babe after everything he's been through. He's already had to do that once or twice now.

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Oct 18, 2003 @ 12:16 AM

The way I understand it, the first Evil Dead movie had nothing to do with its sequels. Dead by Dawn essentialy started it over, flowing into Army of Darkness.

And I must say, Army of Darkness is my second most favorite movie, second only to The Crow.

Yep... Evil Dead 2 was like a new version of 1 had nothing to do with 1.

It was like an alternate to 1.

Anyways... I totally agree with you about your fav movie... The Crow is the best damn movie around. I get chills/tears/and complete rushes when I watch Brandon/Eric in action ;)

It can't rain all the time...

The way you guys talk about it you make it sound like ash was evil, but he wasn't he was just misunderstood

No, he's definitely a good guy, but he has been infected by evil, not to mention he's definitely a little insane after having battled the Deadites for so long.

Back