New Forums

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Well, opinions? Some stuff is probably broken, report it in this thread. Otherwise, what does everyone think? Addons haven't been installed yet, but I'll get to the arcade section soon.

The forums are MUCH faster and not by a little.

I love the little sega style icons for "new", "reply", "edit", etc....

Do I have to activate quick reply or something? Or is it my browser Opera?

The Nintendo forum link doesn't work. Edit: It works now.

Will there be skins to choose?

The little icons like reply and quote are cool.

For quick reply click the chao icon next to any post, and it will activate. The nintendo link is fixed. Maybe on the skins thing, lets finish what we have first.

It'd be pretty nice to kill off the pre-click to get into the quick reply, but that's a pretty tiny issue.

Overall, I'm digging the new boards.

I like the new forum, it is faster. Though the sizes of things could be tweeked. Go Dibz!

Hm... I'm having a bit of trouble with editting my sig. It doesn't do anything when I select both "Preview" and "Submit. Maybe it's my browser?

The threads need fixed into horizontal tables. This vertical table layout makes it too hard to follow whose posts you're reading. And avatars need to be limited in size. 100x100 absolute max, 75x75 being more reasonable. I haven't had time to go through the mess that is vB's admin menu to find where these things can be set yet.

The avatars have a limit of 100x100 already. The current disaster of huge avatars is due to the import. Apparently the check is done during the upload stage, and the import also apparently doesn't bother with the check. I may just nuke the avatars that are too large and just force people to reupload them. I will also be making an alternate theme for people that prefer the info on the left instead of verticle, but you're just going to have to wait until I get some time to do so. If any of the admins/mods wants to give a hand with nuking insane avatars, it would be appreciated. As mentioned, it's only current avatars from the import that will have this problem.

About the theme: Yeah, it's quite obviously not quite finished. Due to all the recent hacks of IPB I decided to make a lite version of my current development theme and proceed with the conversion. You'll also notice some graphics haven't been updated yet. It'll be finished soon, along with the obvious bugs in it.

Back