New Gameboy SP models

Model AGS-101 available in Graphite / Pearl Blue now with a brighter sharper LCD screen backlighted like the Micro:

noo_gbaB.jpg

noo_gbaD.jpg

noo_gbaE.jpg

noo_gba.jpg

Source

Very cool, but my DS screen rocks for the games on the go, and then my GB player for my GCN rocks if I am at home.

I'll side with the "needs to be brighter" group on this one. I never bought the SP because I was waiting for the DS, and haven't yet bought the DS because I haven't had a spare $150 lying around. But I tried the SP display of Metroid Fusion a ways back and it was too dark. Better than the GBA, but still too dark. And my halo-lit GBA is still too dark for games like Castlevania.

I agree the original GBA sucked ass, even with a light. Anyone remember trying to play Castlevania: Circle of the Moon? I eventually gave up on it, as the damn thing was too dark.

The old one was okay to me, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't get me wrong, I can see a difference, but it doesn't want me to get it just because of a little brighter screen. Maybe when they upgrade the DS's screen I will get it, and hopefully they will release new colors for it. The one I want is the red packaged with Shonen Jump Superstars; along with the game, of course. The Pepsi Blue also looks good, wish we can get it. Besides the DS, I'm happy enough with the old GBA SP and ain't tempted enough to waste more money on something I already got. If I had extra cash, then I would buy it (sadly I don't).

Back