New GC zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember about a year ago I was reading an EGM mag, and I noticed some pictures from zelda for the gameCube which were shown at spaceworld. It looked so increadable, I was sure I wanted a game cube right then and there. about a year later (about 2 months ago), I downloaded a video preview of zelda. I had heard that they had done major changes to the game sience it was originaly shown, and I wanted to see what they were. When I started to watch the video and I saw what they had done to link, I nearly went into shock. What had they done to him! he looked more like parapa the rapper then he did Link. I wasn't sure if I still wanted a GC at that point, sure the system still has some great titles coming out for it, but nothing in the lines of final fantasy 10, Xenosaga, Deveil may cry, metal gear solid 2, and many other games I could get if I got a ps2 instead of a GC. But what do you think, is the gamecube still a better idea then the ps2, is their any games other then metroid to realy look forward to? And what about Zelda, do you lovewhat they did, or hate it?

Ummm....they changed Zelda? I didn't know that. Man, I hope they didn't ruin it. I was really looking forward to that game they way it was.
Well, here's to hoping they still do it right....

I thought it looked crappy until I saw a video of it... it still doesn't seem quite "right", but I trust that Miyamoto and friends will produce a killer game, regardless of what they do to the visual style.

exactly, it does look a little weird at first, but it works. If you saw the few clips of gameplay in the video, it still looks like it plays very OoT-like. I think it will still be a great game that gamecube will be worth buying for.

Hmmm, the new Zelda. That really is an interesting one.

As a ardent Nintendo, and thus Zelda fan, I can't see it being anything less than the best game in the world.

I'll admit that I was shocked to discover that they had changed the graphic style, I really like the new (now old) look. However, having seen he video footage, not just the stills - they really don't do the game justice, I'm sold on the new(er) look.

Admittedly it won't be the graphical tour de force we were all looking forward to, but I have no doubt that it'll bring a tear to your eye with its beautiful style and wonderfully crafted story.

Just you wait, it'll be something that GameCube owners will be proud of for a very long time.

--Karny

Well, if you think about it these graphics are more zelda-like then the N64 ones. I personally like the new look, adds a little to the game. I do have to say though Link looks like a homo, but, the master himself said that was gonna change (thank god!). The only thing that will make this game crappy is if they mess-up the gameplay. Also, one more thing. Wouldn't it be REALLY nice if they made this zelda (since it's cartoonyish in graphics) just a sit back and laugh game and not really have anything serious. hehe, kinda like Mystical Ninja game for N64. Ever thought he humor was dumb, it was hilarious just because it was.

Of course. New console, new graphics, new style, new whatever. But I cannot hide that I feel very very disapointed with this new Zelda. I am pretty sure that the game is going to be a killer. But please, look at this Parappa the Link, oh sob sob sob (criying).

Spanish Don Glotón.

Aparently Shigsy has redesigned Link's eye and he should look less... ummm... gay? in the final version.

Can't wait for E3 to see what its going to look like.

/me drools ;p~~~

Quote: from BJammzz on 2:44 am on Dec. 30, 2001
I do have to say though Link looks like a homo

It would be kind of cool if Link turned out to be gay and was just saving princesses as a front for the public. I like the new style, although I wish everyone would just quit using cel-shading all the time. For something like Zelda though it's good. It's like a fairy story, why shouldn't it look like one?

Quote: from Myname on 7:42 pm on April 20, 2002
Quote: from BJammzz on 2:44 am on Dec. 30, 2001
I do have to say though Link looks like a homo

It would be kind of cool if Link turned out to be gay and was just saving princesses as a front for the public. I like the new style, although I wish everyone would just quit using cel-shading all the time. For something like Zelda though it's good. It's like a fairy story, why shouldn't it look like one?

Yeah why not, dont they already have a game with lesbians in it...seriously though, this is a Zelda game and although i didnt like the N64 ones as much as Zelda 3(my fav)they were still good!I cant wait for the new Zelda!It will sell alot of Gamecubes,thats for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back