New Metroid Prime 3 Screens Emerge?

met2.jpg

met3.jpg

Article: K
K said:
At this year’s E3, Nintendo screened ten secs of footage from upcoming Revolution title, Metroid Prime 3. Screens from that clip have been floating around the internet. Well, here are what could possibly be further puzzle pieces. Alls I know is that these “early development” images were posted on Blogspot by some dude called “The Man.” Suspicious, yes. Real? You tell me.

Hmmm...*thinks for a moment*...I don't know man. Those images look pretty real.

Gonna have to meditate on this.

Damn, that video crashed my other computer! Pretty crucial.

I'm on the other computer now, so now I'm waiting for it to download since it won't play on this one either.

I hope it's real, Nintendo needs some big kick-ass titles if it's going to survive the next gen. Sure the controllers are innovated, yet people might run away from the Revolution, it's too different. Nintendo says they're trying to attract all sorts of crowds, I'm not so sure they'll attract anyone... except for the die-hart Nintendo fans out there. Graphics. Sorry it's what every body looks at now a'days. If Nintendo could get the Revolution to produce awesome graphics, at least XBOX 360 worthy (which really aren't that good for a next gen) and have their controllers be a good sucess, Nintendo might be able to take over the next gen. On the other hand, Sony looks promising. With the awesome graphics, every one will be forkin' over there life savings account for this beast.

Dude...the pictures are flase.

The video shows the pics were from an advert for Metroid Prime...the first one.

Awh, no don't go on about graphics! If you want good graphics, go watch a movie. If the game is rubbish, what's the point in playing? Why do you think so many people like retro games - because they're fun. Crappest graphics you'll find, but people still swear that they're the best game they've ever played.

Graphics don't mean bull if the game isn't any good.

but still, graphics is what almost everyone is looking for. The new generation just wants good graphics. They don't give a crap about gameplay... "If it's got good graphics it's a good game..." Nintendo needs to turn it up a notch if they want to survive the next gen... I've talked to all my Sony and Microsoft friends and they are freaked out by the Revolution controller. All they are bragging about is how good the graphics are for the PS3 and XBox 360. Nintendo has done a great job in the past meeting everyones needs, making more rated E games which are as awesome as any rated M (I don't see why people say only rated M games are good some of them are crap!) and fitting to everyones likes. But Nintenod needs to attract even more people if they want to take a stand this gen!

Ugh >< or maybe more people need to get out of this "if it looks good, it is good" train of mind?

Think of your favourite game - what's the best part about it? I'd would hope to think you'd say:

"I enjoyed playing it, it was the...blahblah"

Notice the word playing in there. Graphics are for looking at.

A lot of people have a favourite game that's an RPG. RPG's don't need squat for graphics, so why'd people like them? Gameplay.

You've talked to all you Sony and Mircosoft friends...maybe they should stop looking at games and start playing them? Get them to have a go at Mario Kart 64 or Lylat Wars or Super Mario 64 on the N64...then ask them what next gen. consoles need.

I hope they would release authentic footage of Metroid Prime 3 soon, I can only imagine how good this game is going to look.

They showed video footage for Metroid Prime 3 at E3, too bad it was run on the GC hardware.

Those pictures look like similar to what IGN did with the real Zelda Wind Waker thing.

Looking at the picture, doesn't the character model look a bit too small for Samus? Looks like a kid in a halloween costume to me.

The soundtracks in Metroid have always been fantastic. I'm not narcoleptic, but I would end-up handing the controller over to a few friends because I would fall asleep just because of the music.

[offtopic]

Berserker said:
A lot of people have a favourite game that's an RPG. RPG's don't need squat for graphics, so why'd people like them? Gameplay.
Actually, I'm more inclined to believe that the reason why people would have a favourite game that's an RPG is because they enjoyed the storyline of the game. A result of enjoying the storyline, is increased attachment to the characters, and the surrounding game world - which is where graphics add to the overall 'beauty' of the game. All of this development, though, would never occur if the player didn't like the story.

Arguing that the gameplay is the reason (or even a strong influence) for liking the RPG is more difficult, since the gameplay is very primitive: you have very, very basic control of your character - limited to planar (in most cases) movement control, and selecting choices from a menu. Without a strong storyline, it's actually very hard to enjoy a game with such primitive gameplay. Nevertheless, thanks to the form of unhealthy game addiction that is "leveling-up-itis" (the desire to play the primitive gameplay for the reward of 'getting stronger'), players vehemently deny that the game is boring, and continue to play the game since they have become obsessed with power.

[/off-topic 'gameplay>graphics' / 'Nintendo needs to do <this> to survive' talk.]

CrazyGoon said:
Actually, I'm more inclined to believe that the reason why people would have a favourite game that's an RPG is because they enjoyed the storyline of the game. A result of enjoying the storyline, is increased attachment to the characters, and the surrounding game world - which is where graphics add to the overall 'beauty' of the game. All of this development, though, would never occur if the player didn't like the story.

Agreed. Staying somewhat on topic, that's one of the pros of Metroid, not to mention great graphics and gameplay.

Ah perhaps using RPGs as an example wasn't a good idea on that part.

I agree with you though...that is why people like RPGs. I think thats what I meant as such, just using gameplay instead of storyline, heh :p

Metroid Prime 3 - I'm just hoping it'll be good. Metroid Prime 2 was good and all, had great qualities...but...I'm not sure really what was missing in it. There was just something different than the first (and I don't mean the obvious changes).

blazingsonic said:
Haven't seen E3 yet?

This topic was posted in December of last year, wasn't touched last since April of this year (before you posted), and surely a ton of people have watched Nintendo's E3 press conference by now.

Agreed, graphics do look great. I heard using the Wiimote and the Nunchaku is fairly easy and handles well.

I was watching some gameplay footage for it and it looks really fun. The demonstration showcased how the Nunchaku is used, and I thought that was a really neat way of how it is so. Pulling off enemy shields using the Grappling Hook looks fun.

I LOVE the MP series, but, I hate how the game looks likes its running on GCN hardware. Games like TooHuman and GearsofWar spoiled my Next Gen tastes, and unfortunately MP3 doesnt feature Next Gen visuals.

I hope the Wiimote gives the game a whole new experience THAT IS WANTED; I fear the Wiimote might actually make MP WORSE than the GCN versions. I can move Samus around perfectly on the Cube...but I read that the Wiimote has lag and turning issues :(

Sure it'll have lag in its demo stages, but as soon as it's released they should be ironed out.

And I agree that there is still a fear in gameplay, mainly because of the difference in controllers between the GC and Wii. Hopefully, that fear will be eased along with the lag.

I'm hoping that players will still be able to trigger glitches; because of the advance mechanics and unusual controls of the Wii, it might be a little difficult to do so in most games, and plus the Wii might make it impossible to perfom glitches.

Lastly, I hate waiting.....

Back