New Moon!

Woo for space junk. Cuz being limited to destroying one planet with garbage just isn't enough these days.

I'll be back to my regular spamming soon, for now you can thank maxtor for my absence.

Tell them I said "hi."

Originally posted by Supergrom@Sep. 12 2002, 1:34 am

3rd moon? oh well.

So hard to impress!
smile.gif

I wasn't even aware we had two, to be honest.

Im not good at science or any of that sh!t but isnt it not good for another planet to be flying around our earth in a horseshoe shape? I mean that cant be good can it?

Originally posted by FAKK2@Sep. 12 2002, 3:22 am

Im not good at science or any of that sh!t but isnt it not good for another planet to be flying around our earth in a horseshoe shape? I mean that cant be good can it?

The more the merrier, I say.. Even if it is just junk. Keeps life interesting knowing you might get harpooned at any second by an giant intergalactic Coke can.

Wait, I feel a shoot em up concept coming on..

Originally posted by Myname+Sep. 11 2002, 8:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myname @ Sep. 11 2002, 8:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-FAKK2@Sep. 12 2002, 3:22 am

The more the merrier, I say.. Even if it is just junk. Keeps life interesting knowing you might get harpooned at any second by an giant intergalactic Coke can.

Wait, I feel a shoot em up concept coming on..[/b][/quote]

I can imagine it now... *walkin down the street whistiling* Do do do ... WTF?!?! *flaming coke comes down and hit syou in the face* "this is important... this means something." *is followed by mountain dew can*

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Sep. 11 2002, 11:30 pm

I can imagine it now... *walkin down the street whistiling* Do do do ... WTF?!?! *flaming coke comes down and hit syou in the face* "this is important... this means something." *is followed by mountain dew can*

Well, let's look at it this way.

Once it's caught in the Earth's gravity field, ie rotating about it, very little can be done to take it off it's path, especially given how small the items are.

Every item produces gravity. The faster it is moving, the more gravity it produces. Ie, when a car drives by you at a high speed, you may feel a pull after it drives by. That's gravity.

And with the example of the coke can, if it were to somehow reenter the earth's atmosphere, it'd burn up before it got to earth.

And finally, the junk that is floating out there is actually wrenches, nuts/bolts, various other tools and parts that have fallen off space ships and satellites. Because those space suits are incredibly thick, astronauts are prone to 'dropping' stuff all the time. Why not chase that stuff? Well, if they did, there is no guarantee they can get back the space craft, since there'd be nothing to push off of to go in the opposite direction, and there is no friction to slow him/her/it down.

Mr. Bean addresses this, I believe. (yes, Mr. Bean)

As far as the horseshoe shape goes, no, it's alright, since earth's and the moon's gravity is acting like a slingshot around each other.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Sep. 13 2002, 12:55 pm

Every item produces gravity. The faster it is moving, the more gravity it produces. Ie, when a car drives by you at a high speed, you may feel a pull after it drives by. That's gravity.

No. That would be drag. It's how those highway bicycle riders stay behind trucks without pedaling.

Greater mass = greater gravitational force. Detectable gravity requires an extremely massive body anyway. I don't think any manmade objects are massive enough to exert gravitational force on anything....

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Sep. 13 2002, 5:55 pm

And with the example of the coke can, if it were to somehow reenter the earth's atmosphere, it'd burn up before it got to earth.

Believe it or not, I wasn't entirely serious.

ah well. it's all life. One day we could be walking in the street and I giant asteroid could hit killing everyone. Not that you'd be a live to even notice...except cock roaches
tongue.gif

Ha ha you said cock! tee-hee... Hmm alright that's enough of that.

@soldermonkey

wtf is sega park? IS it like a sega themed arcade in your area?

??

there's a sega related place in sydney that like, has a lot of sega arcade machines, but it's expensive to get in and reall isn't worth it.

?! WTF. I WANT ONE OF THOSE! We have this decent arcade, but it really needs some ddr machines and something more highly advanced than red barron. The good news is, we're one of the lucky ones. It's also home to a battle lan set up.

We have a Namcoworld around here.. Sometimes it's pretty poor, sometimes it's cool. Last time I went in it had Virtua Fighter 4, Tekken 4, House of the Dead 2, Time Crisis 2, Virtua Tennis, Police 24/7, possibly a DDR game (I was too busy with VF4 to notice anything else
smile.gif
) and a load of other stuff. Obviously that was one of the better lineups. Seeing as it's a Namco thing, I'm hoping Soul Calibur 2 will be in there shortly.. Fingers crossed.

dude do you live in albany new york cause we had one there, a namco museam, and it had all the games you mentioned and there was a ddr machine... o_O

Back