grind02.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 162
  • grind02.jpg
    grind02.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 127
  • glass.jpg
    glass.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 146
Terrible art, why don't they stylise it? Nintendo sucess in 2D to 3D is no secret, great gameplay plus a wonderful art style.

Edit: Tne thumbnails don't open in Opera 7, shows some text instead of the image.

Originally posted by Pyrite@Fri, 2006-07-28 @ 03:04 PM

Terrible art, why don't they stylise it? Nintendo sucess in 2D to 3D is no secret, great gameplay plus a wonderful art style.

Edit: Tne thumbnails don't open in Opera 7, shows some text instead of the image.

[post=147306]Quoted post[/post]​

Same here. All I get is garbled text in Camino.

I have the same problem in Firefox. Pretty much any seriously HTTP-compliant browser will try to display it as text/html because that's what the server claims it is.

Originally posted by RFC 2616

Any HTTP/1.1 message containing an entity-body SHOULD include a

Content-Type header field defining the media type of that body. If

and only if the media type is not given by a Content-Type field, the

recipient MAY attempt to guess the media type via inspection of its

content and/or the name extension(s) of the URI used to identify the

resource. If the media type remains unknown, the recipient SHOULD

treat it as type "application/octet-stream".

In short, if the server specifies a Content-Type, the browser is forbidden by the standard to second-guess it. IE ignores this, so lots of webservers out there have quietly been misconfigured to send anything unknown as text.

Pyrite said:

Just because it's a next gen game doesn't mean it has to be so different in the graphics department/art style. It's pretty much just all anti aliasing and texture smoothing when it comes to new games anyways.

It's more important that the gameplay is fun. A game can look as great and neat as it wants, if it's no good nobody will buy it.

Yeah but the old Sonic games were cartoony not realistic like the stuff you see on the screenshots just look at those wall textures, Mario Galaxy for example has great graphics and a great cartoony style too, very inspired designs you can see they put great effort and creativity on the game even thought we only have seen one stage.

The Sonic 3D model is not very good neither, I think the 3D models they used on the Dreamcast games were much better style wise than the one shown on those screens.

I disagree, I like the new look myself. On the other hand I also appreciate unique art styles taken by other developers, I don't know, not that big of a deal to me. It's not like it looks bad or anything. Personally I'm going to go play some brain age on my new ds lite, and make myself feel like an idiot some more.

New pictures :) Now you can see Dr. Robotnik. The game will be availaible soon on XBox 360

Attachments

• 00389015.jpg
    00389015.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 00389012.jpg
    00389012.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 00389029.jpg
    00389029.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 135
This might be a little of topic, but is he still called Dr.Robotnik? I can't recall if that's what he's called in the Sonic Adventure games (if he's in them), and I have no idea about the portable Sonics (DS, GBA).

Hope the game will be good, long time since Sonic appeared in a good game, IMO.

Twillinx said:
This might be a little of topic, but is he still called Dr.Robotnik?

I'd say yes :huh:

I can't recall if that's what he's called in the Sonic Adventure games (if he's in them), and I have no idea about the portable Sonics (DS, GBA).

Hope the game will be good, long time since Sonic appeared in a good game, IMO.

It's not the game we had watied for, all review I saw were quite bad.

I rented it for 360 and tried to like it but the game is just broken. It feels like they tacked on a new story to the old Sonic Adventure engine, made the flaws more apparent, didn't test it, and called it a next gen product. Graphically it is underwhelming and gameplay wise it is just flat out bad. Some parts are also really difficult due only to the terrible camera. In one boss battle you have to jump between platforms but when the boss does something it repositions the camera on the fly ... so you have to quickly adjust controls to suit the new direction you are facing and hope for the best or its hot gooey lava for you. In another level the camera shift from behind sonic to in front and the left/right shifts with it with no warning...in a level with extremely touchy controls and no rails to keep sonic from falling. Oh, and somehow you are supposed to avoid obstacles which you can't see coming. Awesome.:sarcasm:

There were a couple of instances where there was a moment of goodness, but they were brief and normally during a semi 'on rails' moment where there isn't much interaction needed (see: preset camera and little control to be able to screw up). IMO they need to put the Sonic series in a vault for a few years then bring it back out starting from scratch as the series has only been going downhill as of late. It hurts me to see sonic suck this bad.

Back