New PS2 Game Pads looking a little familiar....

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
New Street Fighter gamming pads comming out soon for the PS2 by Nuby look a tad bit too familiar to us Sega fans. Take a look yourself...

exclusivef136398.jpg
exclusivef136400.jpg

Thanks to Spong for the news.

haha, Model 1 Sat pads correct? I dont own any, dunno if they are cosidered Model 1 or 2 pads (can anyone fill me in).

Those buttons seem like they´re made of rubber and thats not a good thing the d-pad doesn´t look good neither.

The first Saturn pad to be made was the small round ones they came out in Japan Saturn launch, but in EU and US Saturn launch (model 1 saturn) they made a new pad the big ones which are crap and later the small ones came out with the model 2 saturns so some people call the big ones model 1 and the round ones model 2 but its wrong since the first pad was the small round version so go figure :smash

so which one do the SF ones resemble? I have the bigger fatter ones (wish I had a pic) and then the 3-D controllers. Pics would REALLY help, haha.

They resemble these ones
ssusb.jpg

These are the smaller first generation pads which came out first in Japan and in the US and EU they were the second model to come out but the color was black instead.

Man do those pads look nicer. I have the 1st generation US ones. What is it with some companies thinking anyone outside of Asia needs monster sized controllers? I hated the first gen X-Box controllers.

Sweet, they look real awkward in pics, wil lfor sure have to get me a few of em :). Maybe I'll even paint tem so they look cool like the Nuby ones ;-).

They're probably the best pads ever. But if you can't find 'em, the 3d pad is really good as well.

I just wanted to comment that it's probably a good thing the start button on the Chun-Li pad isn't in the same place as it is on the Saturn pad. ;) .. It is nice to see a PS pad with the six-button layout, though. I could never stand the SNES/PSX/DC layout for Street FIghter games. I used to always change the fierce and roundhouse to the triangle and circle buttons (I don't use medium attacks very often), because I can't combo or do special moves at all if they're on the shoulder buttons.

Very nice pads, still, playing fighting games with pads is something terrible.

I dunno, I actually prefer a (real) Saturn pad to a stick for fighting games. It's far better than the US version of the Virtua Stick, anyway. The Genesis 6 button pad is great as well. I agree with you for the most part, however. I do have some friends who are fighting game fanatics and swear by pads, though.

Originally posted by it290@May 25, 2004 @ 03:36 PM

They're probably the best pads ever. But if you can't find 'em, the 3d pad is really good as well.

Yeah, the pads known over here as "model 2" are the best I've used. They're basically identical to a couple of Sega-brand Genesis 6-buttons I have, but with a slightly improved shape and L/R triggers. The 3D Saturn pad is pretty good too, but I don't use it unless the analog is really needed for the game. It doesn't feel quite as nice and the face buttons are a bit softer, I prefer a more solid click.

Anyway, judging from the looks of this controller, the dpad and/or buttons won't be that fantastic compared to the Saturn controllers. But they sure got the layout right.

Yeah, the DC ASCII pads use the same setup and also have the whole Capcom (and SNK) thing goin' on. But I'm betting the ASCII pads are way better (even though ASCII's quality has gone down a bit since the old days). I'd love to get my hands on a couple of the DC pads, but for the price they go for, you might as well just buy the Agetec stick.

Those NUBY pads will suck, the ASCII's are probably the best joypad controller's, but the price is too high.

Not satisfied with anything out there on the market (including the X-Arcade) I upgraded a Red Octane box with HAPP parts and some art, and this is what I got.

Attachments

• img_0738.jpg
    img_0738.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 84
  • img_0738.jpg
    img_0738.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 81
  • img_0738.jpg
    img_0738.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 84
:agree that your controlller board is quite nicely modded.

At first it reminded me of the two acsii pads i just bought off ebay

Back