New SEGA game : Crush City on ???

vbt

Staff member
Crush City Set 2 Beta01.jpg

I've just found these pictures on the SEGA FTP. :rock:

I didn't find any info about this game, all shots names include the status "Beta".

Attachments

• Crush City Set 2 Beta02.jpg
    Crush City Set 2 Beta02.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Crush City Set 1 Beta03.jpg
    Crush City Set 1 Beta03.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Crush City Set 3 Beta03.jpg
    Crush City Set 3 Beta03.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 130
Nothing like shameless prognostication! It looks like a platformer, graphics aren't the sharpest (if it's in beta, it's probably a bit more polished).

I'll go for... hmm... the Wii. No whammies!

I've finished to download the video and the game looks to switch between 2d and 3d view. It's quite original.

At the end of the video there is the Playstation and the PSP logo. there is also the logo of Kuju.

I don't know... after playing the newest Sonic game I am really losing hope in Sega's newer games. They've been burning me a lot lately.

Still love my classics though!

More on Crush here:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22366

From a different Article:

Sega has announced that it will publish Crush, an unique PSP puzzle game from Kuju Brighton. The game's major selling point is the unique way players crush the 3D world, transforming it into a 2D platformer. Players will use this technique to move to new areas inaccessible in the 3D environment.

The plot surrounds the story of the disturbed Dan, a man who seeks a cure for his insomnia and personal demons through hypnosis. It is through this hypnotic game would that he seeks to repair his sanity.

"Crush introduces a fascinating new gameplay perspective on the PSP that encourages players to stretch their imagination in a whole new way," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "The spatial concept of the crushing mechanic is something truly unique that encourages users to think back and forth between 3D and 2D objects and environments to engage different parts of their brain, and see beyond what is literally in front them."

From the pictures it looks like you go from a 3D view to a Flashback/Clockwork Knight-esque 2D platformer.

Source: http://ps2.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=13302

The covers and a video(about the gameplay of the game) were published today on the Sega FTP, please have a look at the video. The box art is here.

Attachments

• CRUSHpspFOB.jpg
    CRUSHpspFOB.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 116
Back