New SS Emu

test it out, it says it doesnt run any commercial games but has screenshots of games like radiant silvergun working.....im leaning towards viriiware.

It says, and I quote (emphasis added)

That's it, a brand new SEGA Saturn and Titan-Video (the so called ST-V) emulator, featuring commercial games support.

First of all, believe it or not, this emulator is not yet capable of running ANY Saturn game at full speed, at least on nowadays hardware...

Not being able to run at full speed probably has something to do with the CPU being run at half speed. But yeah, be careful, now that Satourne is getting better I expect we'll see a lot of bullshit relating to Saturn emulation.

I haven't tried it yet (not looking forward to 1 FPS) but its website states

Finally, after a whole year of developement, here it is: the first public release of SSE! That's it, a brand new SEGA Saturn and Titan-Video (the so called ST-V) emulator, featuring commercial games support.

First of all, believe it or not, this emulator is not yet capable of running ANY Saturn game at full speed, at least on nowadays hardware...

And don't even expect it to be complete, as it's missing many parts of the emulated hardware and the ones currently implemented are still very buggy. It's still a BETA and i'll continue improving it still for a looong time.

That to me says that it runs games, just not very well and not very quickly.

Since nobody else seemed game, I downloaded it.

Can't seem to get it to do anything...so who knows?

Read the faq, you have to extract a header for every game. Also, you need to reset the emulator configuration and then edit it to match the bios name.

Nice and easy to use it.
sarcasm.gif

eh technically from a performance standpoint it would be better to have the emu run in dos but... there is no performance boost using a dos window :S.

but you think he could make it a bit easier to use i mean like ergle.

Originally posted by gamefoo21@Oct. 03 2002, 8:39 am

eh technically from a performance standpoint it would be better to have the emu run in dos

Yeah, because who needs busmastering PCI transfers, who needs hardware acceleration, who needs optimized hardware drivers, in fact who needs decent hardware support at all?

Originally posted by Gear@Oct. 03 2002, 2:16 am

Read the faq, you have to extract a header for every game. Also, you need to reset the emulator configuration and then edit it to match the bios name.

Yeah - did all that. Best I could get from it was "ERROR: invalid hardware id".

It sounds a little dodgy to me. The guy claims in a readme that he gets 15-30 FPS on his duron 1.1. This without any dynamic recompilation. In unaccellerated DOS.

Back