New to saturn, looking for some help.

so i just received 2 sega saturns, i have yet to open 1 because it works but i want to mod it, so whats the best place to get a mod chip for it? i live in the u.s. if that matters for anything and i can solder quiet well if need be. i also know there are 3 types of saturns so i have to see what this one is.

the 2nd saturn however has a little issue where the cd drive motor that controls the laser movement is locked up and will not move thus causing the system to not work. what is the easiest thing to do in terms of getting it working? can i replace the motor with one from a run of the mill cd drive and have it work, or do i need another one from a saturn thus making this system pointless to fix?

Thank you in advance for any help.

eatatjoes said:
the 2nd saturn however has a little issue where the cd drive motor that controls the laser movement is locked up and will not move thus causing the system to not work.

Many moons ago when I bought one of earlier PS1 from Japan it had similar issue.
what I did was (I wouldn't recommend you do this) simply grab and move the module up and down and then it worked as it should. After that never had any issue.

Back