Newbie 101

I started it.....you help me finish it...

What else do we add? WHat SHOULD be known and so on.

Forum rules etc?

Ftp info?

Sega info?

Nes info?

Anyways post or email me.

Cant find it if youve already posted somthing mysticales

Well you know what I did was read most every single message in this place before I made my first post , answered alot of my questions and and saved me from feeling like a tard or getting banned (so far)

Read each forums rules befroe you ask or say somthing , so many people today dont bother to read whats right in front of them .

Look in the ftp forum for ftp's (duh)

This message board is not a (iso/rom) game locating service .

Spamming is not tolerated .

Dont ask to buy or sell illegally copied games .

Warning people about asking for custom titles?

Why? It can be quite entertaining. :biggrin:

cool thread... I actually just discovered and read the newbie page (the new one from the main menu) to find help on burning downloaded games (I'm getting into that after all...sigh :) ...which brings me to a thought...

perhaps let's post cuesheets and/or tracklistings (of sorts, like the iso track, its correct byte size and all mp3 tracks) for the most popular games...mind you, JUST cues/listings, not the files themselves...for reference and verification.

Also, in the case of ISO+MP3, I wonder what people would think about sharing JUST the mp3 files on various opennap servers (and WinMX).

That way when someone has a game but is missing some or all of the mp3's it would be easy to get them. By sharing just the mp3's but not the iso's we'd retain control over actual game distribution over ftps etc...

What do the resident ops think about this?

The DC clone link is interesting (thanks ExCyber!), shall keep my eyes peeled on it...

No, we will not host cue sheets, if youre dumb enough to not download bin/cue in the first place, then figure out how to make them yourself.

I agree.....if you want to burn copies EARN them! I mean I posted in the help file ALL info....Cdrwin, isobuster, how to convert iso/mp3 BACK into bin/cue with NO sync errors. Um so on.......As for mp3 sharing....yea would be nice...but most dont bother with it...I use audio galaxy gold....(Yes I payed 3$ for it) but its SOOOOOO much faster and better Db! I mean like first you get the RIGHT file you want and not a "possiable" match you want, next the file dls auto...sure I have winmx and so on...but not same unless I want a file not on AG.....worth looking into you all.....

Geezes.

I was merely making suggestions for the benefit of everyone... if you don't think they're good ones that's fine, but to call me too dumb to download bin/cue stuff properly is a completely unwarranted insult. Personally I had an incomplete download only once (missing mp3), and I substituted something else for it, and the burned CD works fine. I KNOW what I'm doing and I ALWAYS ask for help only as a last resort. Don't accuse me of being "too dumb" without any merit.

I think an apology would be in order.

He ISNT calling "you" dumb. We are talking about "general" people......Not directed at you. Some people on this forum who post are just plain newbies who DONT even "try" to look for the answer when its EVEN in front of them.

I just skimmed it, and I think it's missing:

Do NOT ask if it's possible to play Genesis ROMs on a Sega CD, or Arakon will tear your eyes out and pour salt in the sockets.

Mysticales:

I suppose you're right, and I think I did overreact just a little. :)

There ARE a lot of people who don't bother to help themselves, true enough... I guess I just hate to see it when these lamers basically ruin it for the "good" users who are then treated less than decently because the mods/admins simply run out of patience.. but I can understand that. So, what the heck, I'm merry again. :)

LOL why I posted 101...to HELP newbies understand abit......but yea it REALLY needs some info...like ftp, games, um so on....everything we once were when Sega cd started....i know we all were newbies once asking for this and how to that lol.

Back