Newbie developer

Hi everyone. I am really into to anything sega and i would like to start some development. I know i have to start with the basics and so forth but i was wondering if someone can answer a few questions for me!?!.

1) Where can i find information on how to mod my sega megadrive 2 to 50/60mhz(With pictures and what parts i need).

2)I see that there is a multibios chip for the megacd, How do u read the old bios chip and re-configure a new chip to play pal and NTSC Games.

Thanks for any help given.

1) Where can i find information on how to mod my sega megadrive 2 to 50/60mhz(With pictures and what parts i need).

Right here.

edit: D'oh! That has pics of the Genesis 3, not Genesis 2.

I see that there is a multibios chip for the megacd, How do u read the old bios chip and re-configure a new chip to play pal and NTSC Games.

The BIOS ROMs are read just like any standard ROM of their type. as for creating the MultiBIOS, that was done by putting three BIOS images into a single ROM - one for each territory. A switch is attached to select which BIOS is active. They had to be hacked in order to work with a Genesis/MD that doesn't have a territory switch.

(Edited by ExCyber at 8:43 pm on Mar. 24, 2002)

Back