NHL 94: 2023 Edition by Adam Catalyst

NHL 94: 2023 Edition by Adam Catalyst

image.png.14c1c4deadce3eeff330bd6fe959531a.png

Hello there friendly strangers,
Here is the latest version of my 2023 ROM. The goal is to try to provide the most refined and realistic up-to-date versions of this all-time classic game. I'm thrilled to be able to share this with you. Here are the top reasons you might want to give it a try…

image.png.e8e2f63aa6a4039d4f63fe96284d8ffa.png

Gameplay Revisioned
The gameplay has been adjusted for a more realistic modern hockey feel, with harder to score goals, easier to hit crossbars and posts, more realistic speed burst, fewer penalty calls, custom energy depletion and recovery rates (balanced for more realistic line rolling and shift length), and player rating distribution curves that have been carefully calibrated for more realistic gameplay on the ice.

image.png.7bc28ff35e9f824cc115e48a7c720b22.png

Rosters, Ratings & Lines
Eight hundred players obsessively rated, up-to-date rosters, and realistic lines, based on extensive 2021-2023 regular season player data and analytics. All of this is built on top of smozoma's 16-point player rating system (the original game was limited to a 7-point system).

image.png.b31a0609f318145e84d1f8dd794225b5.png

Graphical Refinements
The most obvious change is the move to composite sticks, but there are hundreds of graphical refinements beyond this, including title screens, logos, banners, player photos, scoreboard, audience, face-offs, player sprites, scorekeepers, Zamboni driver, and more. The goal is to bring the most graphically refined version of NHL 94 ever made, while remaining faithful to the spirit of the original art direction.

image.png.2b00d319ab82a76b2279586abf63148d.png

And so much more
Of course there is the weight bug fix, but also a custom weight scale, less variance in Hot/Cold rating randomization, immediate goalie control by pressing the (Y) button with a six-button controller (clockwise), a custom 3-Stars of the Game rating formula, a Vegas / Washington / Winnipeg Menu & Player Cards crash fix, and...

Every single feature & modification is documented below. I would love it if you would give it a try, and leave me any feedback!

- Adam

p.s. I'd be flattered if you wanted to lift any of my mods for your own ROM. Anyone who contributes to making hacks or ROMs for nhl94.com is welcome to PM me, and I will happily send you source files, including Tile Molester bookmarks and palettes.

source ~ forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/25738-nhl-94-2023-edition-by-adam-catalyst

Back