Nintendo's Magic: is it this powerful?

Okay, seeing as Nintendo has made a lot of crazy things in the past and are making even more crazy ideas in the time to come, I ask this question: what's the one thing (that's out there in myth and fairy tale) you wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo made it first?

To me, I wouldn't be surprise if they made a magic carpet equivalent in the near future.

Yeah, it's a bit of a crazy idea, but just play with this because it's going to be a fun and invigorating idea. What fictional thing do you think Nintendo would be the first the create in the future?

I think that (aside from Gunpei Yokoi's experimenting with various ideas back in the early years,) Nintendo has "played it safe" in many aspects... well, at least compared to Sega :p

All of Nintendos recent experiments (bongos, DS, nintendogs) seem to have been successes, so I guess that's a semi-testament to the fact that Nintendo's experiments weren't outside of reason.

I don't think Nintendo dares to create a game as obscure as Magic Carpet was :lol:

I have good faith in Nintendo's decisions, and believe that their Revolution will be as promised.

It's been a while since Nintendo created another character, so "maybe" we'll see a new addition with the arrival of the Revolution.

Either way, I'm patiently waiting for Super Mario 128. 8)

I wasn't talking about a magic carpet GAME, you know :p

But I like where you're going there. They could make use of such an idea with the Dragon Ball Series would do good.

In the original Dragon Ball cartoons, Goku used a nimbus cloud to fly to and from different locations. And say if they made the world expansive like with Zelda to match the size of the worlds used in the DB Series, along with every detail in the series, isn't that a good idea? Big, experienced video game company gets behind a big, well-known Anime series.

This would be beneficial for all of us; the last DBZ games I played weren't that good, and I'm sure others will agree. I'm thinking a big, wide open Action/ Adventure title where you can go around as your favorite (assuming you like the series) DB series characters kicking around favorite DB series villians?

........but if they never do it, we still have Zelda :) Yay, happy either way :D

metal_gameboy said:
I wasn't talking about a magic carpet GAME, you know :p

Oh, whoops :lol:

I think that a DragonBall game as you describe isn't a bad idea. In fact, it's already been done - on the GBA.

Oh, you mean Legacy of Goku I, II, and Buu's Saga? Yeah, it's a start...

....but I'm talking full 3D, and kind of like Zelda (big, lots of quests, Etc.) but not like DBZ Sagas.......and the whole thing, not just sections like the GBA games. Take OoT for example, it was like DB (child heros, growing up, Etc.) and it's the prime example of how a DB game should be.

The Revolution could definitely be as great to bring the DB Universe into great detail, and thensome; we'd just need the right people behind it instead of Dimps.

As for the magic carpet, perfect thing if were available for the DS Lite when it comes out :D

Back