No sound with Shining Force CD

JDAdams,

this is a tough one, buy a old game that Sega would get no cut of,(cause it would be used)or download it for free...WookMaster P,made the right choice...

not really.

an original has no music problems, an original has a nice box and manual with artwork etc, and an original looks better on your shelf.

thats true,my original version is down in texas(im in Iowa)...i had no choice but to download it...JDAdams, mentioned that buying it, is the right thing to do...(cause its the moral thing to do)but when it comes to this,it makes no difference to sega, whether its bought or downloaded, cause they dont get jack,either way...(and the guy saves some money)

It's still wrong. People out there paid good money for the game, as others shouldn't get to play it for free. Besides which, it happens to be illegal, not that this bothers me at all since I only pay attention to those bits of the law I agree with:p

My main points are:

A) If people can play the game without paying for it, there is less demand for genuine copies, as only collectors will buy them, not just casual gamers. This drives prices down, and de-values people's investments.

cool.gif
It's just plain wrong. Games are luxury items, and people who do not have enough money to buy them legitimately do not deserve to play them.

You sounds just as a "collector" that buy game for no other purpose than selling it in the future for ver, very high prices, and is now pissed because people can get those games without paying money for them (but they'll endure some effort in order to play them... if they are on 56K :p ).

Oh no, I play the things, at least in theory. I'm up to [checks] £2220 worth of console games so far, excluding hardware and PC stuff. The figure including these is probably closer to £3.5k, so some of it has barely been touched other than to test if it actually works. I'll finish them all one day, though:)

My point is that people who won't, or can't, spend the money don't deserve to play the games. Those with both money and morals should see the benefits. That's the foundation of a civilized (capitalist) society.

Only by those that can afford to - TVs were meant to be watching, but if ya ain't got the cash, that doesn't entitle you to steal one

jd, tv's are hardware, an entirely different set of rules applies to intelectual properties bescause it's an entirely different thing.

btw

arakon said

>>>>you could try reading the manual of the emulator, for example.

RTFM,

i love you arakon

Originally posted by sizone@June 21 2002,22:53

jd, tv's are hardware, an entirely different set of rules applies to intelectual properties bescause it's an entirely different thing.

i second that, bad example, JDAdams...

It's a very good example. Sure, it's a differrent set of rules, but they both boil down to the same thing - stealing another person's property, intellectual or physical, is both illegal *and* wrong (I do make a pronounced disinction between the two). Theft is theft - only those with at least enough moral fibre to try to justify what they're doing to themselves claim that copying a game isn't a form of theft.

Originally posted by JDAdams@June 22 2002,18:05

It's a very good example. Sure, it's a differrent set of rules, but they both boil down to the same thing - stealing another person's property, intellectual or physical, is both illegal *and* wrong (I do make a pronounced disinction between the two). Theft is theft - only those with at least enough moral fibre to try to justify what they're doing to themselves claim that copying a game isn't a form of theft.

look at it this way, Sega knows all about this site,and yet have done nothing to shut it down...would you like to know why...because those games are no longer for sale...and theres no profit to protect...

Originally posted by M3d10n@June 20 2002,19:36

You sounds just as a "collector" that buy game for no other purpose than selling it in the future for ver, very high prices, and is now pissed because people can get those games without paying money for them (but they'll endure some effort in order to play them... if they are on 56K
tongue.gif
).

you couldnt of been more right...
biggrin.gif

colecting games in an effort to sell them to someone else at a later point in time is a ridiculously bad idea.

just think of how much comic books aren't worth.

Back