No sound with Shining Force CD

Originally posted by sizone@June 23 2002,20:48

colecting games in an effort to sell them to someone else at a later point in time is a ridiculously bad idea.

just think of how much comic books aren't worth.

exactly...

I buy them to own and play them - hell, qhat's the point of keeeping them on a shelf? (Actuall, mine are in drawrs:p) It'd just be nice if those people who actually fork out for the games had the advantage they've earnt over everyone else, i.e the ability to play the games. As I said, those who can't afford to buy the games have no rights to play them.

Originally posted by JDAdams@June 24 2002,15:06

I buy them to own and play them - hell, qhat's the point of keeeping them on a shelf? (Actuall, mine are in drawrs:p) It'd just be nice if those people who actually fork out for the games had the advantage they've earnt over everyone else, i.e the ability to play the games. As I said, those who can't afford to buy the games have no rights to play them.

news flash,you cant go into a store and buy these games anymore...
biggrin.gif

Here's another thought. You are so worried about people playing these game "illegally". And you say that if they can't afford to but them then they shouldn't be allowed to play them.
sarcasm.gif

Well, your sig says you have machines with 50/60Hz switches and country lockout & US/Jap/Eur switches on them. Why are these needed? To play games that were never "legally" for sale in your part of the world!
angry.gif

Now I would never attempt to stop someone in Asia or Europe from buying a Na game, but it seems to me that your 'flawed' logic would presume to do this as well. Even tho you proclaim with every post that you have made these "illegal" modifications to oyur machines so that you can play games that were not supposed to be sold in your part of the world.

Now who's the hypocrit.
wink.gif

[/quote]

Here's another thought. You are so worried about people playing these game "illegally". And you say that if they can't afford to but them then they shouldn't be allowed to play them.

Well, your sig says you have machines with 50/60Hz switches and country lockout & US/Jap/Eur switches on them. Why are these needed? To play games that were never "legally" for sale in your part of the world!

Now I would never attempt to stop someone in Asia or Europe from buying a Na game, but it seems to me that your 'flawed' logic would presume to do this as well. Even tho you proclaim with every post that you have made these "illegal" modifications to oyur machines so that you can play games that were not supposed to be sold in your part of the world.

Now who's the hypocrit.

Not me - there's no law against importing games or other items - that's what 'free trade' means. There *is* a law against infringing other people's copyrights.

Just for the record, I don't give a damn about the law, just about what's right. Playing games you haven't paid for is wrong. Even if mine *were* illegal (they aren't), I've still paid for them and that gives me far more right to play them than someone who can't or won't do so.

As for the other comment, even if the games weren't available on shops, or on eBay (where most are very easy to find), everything and everyone has a price. The games are *always* for sale, it's just not everyone has the cash.

Quote JDAdams:

As for the other comment, even if the games weren't available on shops, or on eBay (where most are very easy to find), everything and everyone has a price. The games are *always* for sale, it's just not everyone has the cash.

Like i said earlier, what is the point of buying a game that sega made if sega isnt getting any money from it...especially when you can get it for free...now,if these games were still sold in stores i would buy them, cause sega would still get that money, but since theyre not i dont care...

biggrin.gif

If people at least had the courage to admit that it's wrong and that they do it anyway, I might respect them more. As it is, they're just trying to justify theft by claiming that it's OK.

Come on people, show some balls (er, best not take that too literally then)

Either that, or they just don't agree with your logic. Just because you feel and think the way you do, doesn't mean that that's the law of the world and there are no if's and's or but's about it. You do what makes you feel good and leave people to themselves. Who cares?

hi all u have to do is have ur iso file then extract the mp3s to a folder and put the iso in the same folder and make sure the file names on the mp3s match the iso file exmpl

ff.iso

ff02.iso<for the track # always start at 2

Speaking of the buying rare games, then selling them at high prices. Doesn't that kinda remind you of the whole PS2 thing a couple years back? These people would buy PS2's at launch, only to sell them a few days later on eBay for as much as $700 dollars.

Back