No thread on Kill Bill yet?

Alright. My impressions... I liked the movie a lot. I actually saw it two times. I don't want to spoil the movie, but if you're a Tarantino fan and you're looking for a Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown clone that's not what you're going to find. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

You might have heard it's violent. That's not entirely inaccurate, but some reviews have not bothered to describe the type of violence. It's spoofy... ie someone's head gets cut off and three huge, high-powered streams of blood spray out. Awesome :lol:

The soundtrack is excellent and the action is great too. Although one scene was somewhat reminiscient of Matrix Reloaded's 'fight-one-hundered-smiths-battle'. Only not half as boring.

You also have to keep in mind that this is only half of the movie. Even if you were disappointed by this, you have to remember the best is yet to come.

And can someone that is familiar with the movie and knows Japanese tell me if I got this right. You'll recognize it, I think:

このfucker殺ると同じおにね!

The anime cut scene was done by the same people who did Jin-Roh and Ghost in the Shell. Top notch movie, fan-freaking-tastic.

Back