Odd Sonic Jam music...

I never knew why, when in Sonic World on Sonic Jam, that if you went into the movie section and watched the intro and ending to Sonic CD it had different music...

The regular music for Sonic CD is meant to be 'Sonic Boom' but it's different...does anyone know the reason for this?

And if they do....anyone know where I could find that music as an MP3? I sorta liked it, heh =P

Cheers.

There was a beta version!? Well considering I didn't know that it probs was O_O;

Well, cheers! Always wondered about that. Which does everyone prefer anyway? Sonic Boom or the Beta version?

I like the beta music, yeah the music is pretty funky...but it's cool in a way. You can download the mp3 at the shadow of a hedgehog site (this is an awesome sonic site!) here at Sonic CD Album

But, all the files are hosted on fileplanet. The Japanese "You can do anything" & "cosmic eternity" are the ones from sonic jam.

Sega changed all of Sonic CD's music in the US version. The one in Sonic Jam is the original, Japanese/European version.

The only tracks they didn't change were the PCM ones, that are used during the "past" of each level. That's why the "past" tracks are usually very different than the present/futures tracks.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Wed, 2005-06-08 @ 09:06 PM

The only tracks they didn't change were the PCM ones, that are used during the "past" of each level. That's why the "past" tracks are usually very different than the present/futures tracks.

[post=135105]Quoted post[/post]​

I never understood why they didn't do the past songs as cd audio like the rest. :blink:

Possibly because the guy who did the US soundtrack didn't make quality enough PCM music and they didn't want to spend more money.

I personally am happy that they changed the music because well, sorry but those JAP tracks sometimes are way to not american sounding. And well, you and I could probably deal with that, but most buyers probably wouldn't. Cause seriousily that opening song for the movie is just AWFUL... (not that sonic boom is any better, but still atleast Sonic boom has a hot chic singing instead of some 80's Rap dude)

Well, fair enough I suppose. Personally, the lyrics inspired me when I was little...talking bout friends and not giving up and that.

Fileplanet...WHY?! Suppose I should get a ID -_-

It's actually a little wierd. Listen to the intro song closely. Listen to the female lyrics and compare them to the original JPN/Euro intro on the MegaCD... the version on Sonic Jam appears to be from a different recording session.

OH, Crazygoon I get what your saying... i get tired and read wrong sometimes.

They used PCM sound for the past levels as a pun. CD quality sound is the modern and way of the future and PCM is a thing of the past. So if you go back in time there is no CD sound.

Back