hey, racketboy.... your name is nick

gallstaff is a freshmen.

~des-row is my love

Cloud is a geek in school

I just got an iss today

stack has had that avatar for a while

mal is trying to ruin my relationship with ~des-row

Tomorrow is my birthday

Originally posted by mal+Mar 18, 2004 @ 10:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Mar 18, 2004 @ 10:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-muffinman943@Mar 19, 2004 @ 02:41 PM

Can I have some of what you're smoking? :smokin: [/b][/quote]

Ok, its weed i bought form my friends. Tell them u were getting stoned......theyll understand

weed.jpg

Racket, look for the Yanks to make a move on Jose Vidro sometime this season. You don't really expect them to play a full season with Wilson or Cairo playing second base, do you?

Oh, I know!

Maybe muffinman will be available to play for em after his and ~des-row's honeymoon. :lol:

Originally posted by muffinman943@Mar 19, 2004 @ 02:41 PM

gallstaff is a freshmen.

~des-row is my love

I just got an iss today

Tomorrow is my birthday

By the way, it wasn't me that edited this one.

I wonder who it could have been? :lol:

Originally posted by racketboy@Mar 18, 2004 @ 04:04 AM

So how bout those Yankees?

Rodriguez wasn't even that much of an upgrade over Alfonso frickin' Soriano. I can't believe they traded the guy.

I really don't have anything against the Yankees - there is no salary cap, so they aren't doing anything wrong except trying their hardest to guarantee a winning season, ending with a World Series win.

I'm not even a Yankees fan (Phils all the way!) but it is what it is. There aren't any league rules against what they're doing, and there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't trade their position with the Yanks.

So what if Boston got A.Rod? Would they be the evil empire?

Originally posted by mal+Mar 19, 2004 @ 04:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Mar 19, 2004 @ 04:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-muffinman943@Mar 19, 2004 @ 02:41 PM

gallstaff is a freshmen.

~des-row is my love

I just got an iss today

Tomorrow is my birthday

By the way, it wasn't me that edited this one.

I wonder who it could have been? :lol: [/b][/quote]

just keeping rules enforced :D

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Mar 18, 2004 @ 11:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Mar 18, 2004 @ 11:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Mar 18, 2004 @ 04:04 AM

So how bout those Yankees?

Rodriguez wasn't even that much of an upgrade over Alfonso frickin' Soriano. I can't believe they traded the guy.

I really don't have anything against the Yankees - there is no salary cap, so they aren't doing anything wrong except trying their hardest to guarantee a winning season, ending with a World Series win.

I'm not even a Yankees fan (Phils all the way!) but it is what it is. There aren't any league rules against what they're doing, and there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't trade their position with the Yanks.

So what if Boston got A.Rod? Would they be the evil empire? [/b][/quote]

Only if Steinbrenner took over.

Besides, the upgrade from Soriano to A-Rod cost them about 2 million dollars a year. The Rangers are picking up a good chunk of the contract, they get all but 30 days termination pay for Boone. They regained ~18 million when Henson went back into the NFL...

Getting the best player in baseball for an extra 2 mil? When you consider they traded away a player with an abismal postseason on a team where postseason play is all that matters, I don't think there was any real choice involved.

Racketboy, sorry if it bothered you, but I was just taking advantage of this great thread to make it pointless. I love this General Section :damn:

Originally posted by racketboy@Mar 19, 2004 @ 04:03 PM

no prob -- just don't want the generalness of the General forum to get out of hand.

Could you be less specific, please?

Back