Ooh! New GBA Packaging!

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Aug 14, 2003 @ 04:32 PM

Wow that looks kinda uber gay to me <_<

how can it look gay?

it didn't even show what it will look like.

I like the idea -- now I'll be able to store them easier with my other games and not have to store the cardboard boxes separate.

Oh well I assumed they would just package it in an unmodified DVD case like what they pictured at the top of the page.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Aug 14, 2003 @ 04:44 PM

Oh well I assumed they would just package it in an unmodified DVD case like what they pictured at the top of the page.

no that would be dumb and nobody would buy it.

SPOnG has a tendancy to use dumb stock photos when they don't have anything real to show

Interesting, more cases to crowd onto my already way overcrowd set of shelfs... the 200 or so dvd's I have of course is not helping X_x.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Aug 14, 2003 @ 06:10 PM

Interesting, more cases to crowd onto my already way overcrowd set of shelfs... the 200 or so dvd's I have of course is not helping X_x.

Just invest in a nice bookshelf.

Anyway, I can't get myself to throw away the cardboard boxes, but I'd rather store DVD cases than the cardboard boxes

I just went to the site, and clicked the link about that Rare deal. $ony isn't just an enemy, they're a fucking paratitic virus running rampant in the gaming industry. $ony sabotaged the industry back in 1995, and it's just been hell since then. Today games are just about pretty graphics (my friend says that he feels limited by what he can do with 2D games. He also doesn't like Wind Waker, because it looks cartoony. I asked him if he meant the cell-shading, and he said "No" :huh: :huh ) He says that's why everyone loves 3D games, as opposed to 2D games. You know who started this fucking trend? FUCKING $ONY! Kinda funny, how the greatest game ever made is 2D (Phantasy Star IV). Some of my all-time favorite games are 2D : Kid Chameleon (the best action game on the MD/Genny, if not the best period), Super Metroid (greatest SFC game EVER!), with the exception of all the VF games :D , there hasn't been a TRULY good fighing game since Street Fighter Alpha 2. Did you know that's 2D as well? My friend thinks it's stupid that I love old-school gaming, and that I prefer originals over sequels (Diablo over Diablo II, Legend of Zelda (original game) and Link to The Past, as opposed to Ocarina of Time, Timesplitters over Timesplitters 2). I'm always like "Look, just because it has the number "2" or "3" tacked on doesn't mean it's better!"

Originally posted by Cloud121@Aug 14, 2003 @ 04:02 PM

I just went to the site, and clicked the link about that Rare deal. $ony isn't just an enemy, they're a fucking paratitic virus running rampant in the gaming industry. $ony sabotaged the industry back in 1995, and it's just been hell since then. Today games are just about pretty graphics (my friend says that he feels limited by what he can do with 2D games. He also doesn't like Wind Waker, because it looks cartoony. I asked him if he meant the cell-shading, and he said "No" :huh: :huh ) He says that's why everyone loves 3D games, as opposed to 2D games. You know who started this fucking trend? FUCKING $ONY! Kinda funny, how the greatest game ever made is 2D (Phantasy Star IV). Some of my all-time favorite games are 2D : Kid Chameleon (the best action game on the MD/Genny, if not the best period), Super Metroid (greatest SFC game EVER!), with the exception of all the VF games :D , there hasn't been a TRULY good fighing game since Street Fighter Alpha 2. Did you know that's 2D as well? My friend thinks it's stupid that I love old-school gaming, and that I prefer originals over sequels (Diablo over Diablo II, Legend of Zelda (original game) and Link to The Past, as opposed to Ocarina of Time, Timesplitters over Timesplitters 2). I'm always like "Look, just because it has the number "2" or "3" tacked on doesn't mean it's better!"

Wow! where did that rant come from?..?

I'm actually gonna miss the little cute GB boxes ... ahh, the memories. . but oh well. Out with the old and in with the new. . . but .,

I agree with you Cloud! SNES Zelda LTTP is my favorite game of all time. I never really like the blind spots you get with 3D games. Maybe 3D would be good if we all had virtual reality helmets, but for some reason the market seems to withhold this technology. We obviously have the technology, and consoles are more than powerful enough to handle it. . . but no googles, helmets or nothin'!

Many times I get frustrated because some odd camara angle ruins the gameplay. This plaques every modern 3D console and games. It really sux. Camara angles really really really suck. I feel like smashing my controller and burning my console when the camara is behind some wall OR in another room all together. WTF??! Hello!! I can't see the fucking game!

I think we could have some great 2D/3D platform games on modern consoles. I used the / slash because the gameplay can remain 2D, but 3D could be used for nice backgrounds and exciting enemys.

Has anybody played Contra for the PS1. I really like the use of 3D while the game pretty much preserved 2D gameplay. I think more developers could use this game as an example.

Hey hey, now who says it wouldn't of happened even if $ony didn't get involved? It's the audience you must blame - If they didn't go "Ooh wow this graphics make be feel tingly inside", or "FPS are so realistic", or "Games with profound language and explosions are so mature", then we would have probably had games with much more depth in gameplay and storyline (rather than sacrificing gameplay for graphics).

Originally posted by Cloud121@Aug 14, 2003 @ 08:02 PM

Wow, everything you said in there is completely irrelevant, opinionated, fanboy talk. Sony didn't start the trend my friend, SEGA did, keep in mind SEGA was the first company to use polygons to render objects in 3d(in video games). Not to say it's a bad thing either, I like 3d games, as long as they're fun, I like 2d games, as long as they're fun. Try, for once, getting off your soap box and keeping yur rants down to something that involves facts.

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@Aug 14, 2003 @ 06:04 PM

Has anybody played Contra for the PS1. I really like the use of 3D while the game pretty much preserved 2D gameplay. I think more developers could use this game as an example.

Is it like Legacy of War?

If it is, then that game is a fucking travesty, plays nothing like the 2D Contras, and needs to die a gruesome death.

Now, Contra: Shattered Soldier for PS2, OTOH... damn fine game.

Though they still could have done a bit better, like attempting Pandemonium's style of including twists and turns in the 2D track.

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Aug 15, 2003 @ 07:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Aug 15, 2003 @ 07:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tindo@heart@Aug 14, 2003 @ 06:04 PM

Is it like Legacy of War?

If it is, then that game is a fucking travesty, plays nothing like the 2D Contras, and needs to die a gruesome death.

Now, Contra: Shattered Soldier for PS2, OTOH... damn fine game.[/b][/quote]

No. I think the full name is "C: The Contra Adventure" or "C - The Contra Adventure"

Though I'm only refering to the first level. Sadly, I only played a little of the first level . . but long enough to love the gameplay. I'm excited to get my hands on it once again so I can get to the Bosses, or to see if it has levels like the NES version where you go forward . . and the level has depth. I bet that looks and plays really nice.

I've never seen or played Legacy of War.

E Nice, that's exactly what I'm talking about. "like attempting Pandemonium's style of including twists and turns in the 2D track." YES!! I love that! . . twist and turns in the 2D track . . who or whatever Pandemonium is. :lol:

Back