Original Jap DC games on PAL Systems...

Hi

I found Border Down Original Japanese version at a shop, but I have a Euro PAL DC.

Will the game work?

If not what will I need to make it work?

An NTSC cable like the one for the PS-1 / 2?

Thanks.

The easiest thing to do is to play it in VGA. It'll work if you use a boot disc. Border Down doesn't offer any mode selection that I know of, so you'll need to do 60hz somehow if you want to play it.

get yourself an Action Replay CDX, not only does it allow you to play imports but you can also select PAL/NTSC which is pretty unique as far as bootdiscs are concerned :cheers

That doesnt mean that it wont play in PAL mode, all of my import games do.

one thing of importance, use a GAMESHARK for NTSC consoles trying to play PAL and an ACTION REPLAY for PAL consoles trying to play NSTC. Though the CDX has the best compatability even on an NTSC machine. (thanks mal)

I've got a japanese copy of Biohazard 2 value plus and it wont boot on my PAL dreamcast using a Utopia boot disc (i'm guessing its 'cause of it being powered by windows CE). Would the action replay boot it?

*update*

nevermind, bought an Xploder (for the princely sum of £3.99!) and it boots everything just fine! It also came with an added dreamcast MP3 player, and the guy threw in a japanese copy of Capcom vs SNK for £2.99!

Back