Outrun 2 News!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Outrun 2 will be making it's way to a console near you! It will come out for both the XBOX and PS2, no news on a Gamecube or PC version. This game will have new tracks and a "massive" challenge mode. Sega will be revealing the details next week.

this is GREAT news. i remember a while back they said they were never going to release it because it was too "short". oh i forgot, HotD 3 is such a looooooong game :huh

Too good :) I will buy the console having the best version. I have neither a PS2 nor a XBox :blush:

Best.

News.

Ever.

I read that the hardware used in the arcade model is very similar to the Xbox, and makes porting to it easy. I'm a bit surprised about the PS2 announcement. A Cube port seems unlikely to me.

I guess they decided they could make some money with the PS2 port, and probably figured 'aww, what the heck, let's port it to the box as well'.. so I doubt we'll see a cube port. The article mentions the possibility of a PC version though.. that would be sweet (I'd love to get some Outrun 2 action on my LAN).

Personally, I feel it should be ported to every system... the original Outrun has to be in the running for 'most ported game'.

Back