OutRun

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Brace yourself for the most realistic racing experience yet. And to play, you've got to have what it takes: NERVE, SKILL and BRAINS.

NERVE - you're behind the wheel of a supertuned race car with one speed only: fast. SKILL - you're maneuvering a car that can nearly reach a simulated 270 KMH. BRAINS - because you're in control of your car's speed and handling at a dangerous pace, you have to use your head and not just your hands to survive.

So get geared for the ride of your life and stay alert. The track may look terrific, but at these speeds anything can turn into a danger zone.

Out Run - The exciting home version of the original video arcade game created and made available exclusively by Sega.

:auto :driving: :thumbs-up:

Attachments

• outrun.gif
    outrun.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 122
  • outrun.gif
    outrun.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 129
  • outrun.gif
    outrun.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 113
Holy God, I love that game.

So amazingly addictive. I'm not really one for driving games, but I really fell in love with Outrun. And the graphics are still gorgeous. They remain some of the most beautiful I've seen. So old school and pixel-y. I wish I could visit a beach made out of pixels. But what I really want is a skinny blonde girl, a red convertible, and endless miles of one-way streets, with only the occasional fork in the way.

I can't wait for Outrun 2. :thumbs-up:

I've been filled with love by this game of the week. And I really like this smilie:

:auto

Probably my favourite Sega game of all time. Such a classic...maybe I love it more just cuz of the memories I associate with it....Either way its top notch,

Oh and the soundtrack.... :cheers

Beyond a doubt the best driving game ever.

Maybe this version doesn't quite do the arcade original justice, but it's a lot of fun none the less.

Y'know, I played Outrun 2 in an arcade the other day. It's really quite good. It has 3 game modes for those obsessive types, but on "outrun mode" it's basically a totally solid remake of the original. Except, of course, that the steering wheel changes resistance when you corner, simulating road conditions, etc... and there's a lot more traffic on the autobahn in Outrun 2 than in the classic.

The funny thing about it is that the cover driver guy on the marquee looks a lot like a 3D-rendered version of Ewan McGreggor (the guy that played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the new Star Wars flicks) but wearing a girlie orange shirt. :smokin: :lol: :cheers

character.jpg

"She has her eye on the hero's.... driving techniques..." <snort> :wanker

I finally managed to play Outrun 2 a couple of weeks back, it's as much of an orgasm as the first. The feeling of satisfaction when you pull off a drift well is just ridiculous.

That said, the cab certainly wasn't set up for tall people.. I ended up getting cramp cos otherwise it was impossible not to be constantly touching the brake.

This thread should've been for the Saturn version though ;)

Ahhh...Outrun 2. Damn you people, I guess I'll have to go to D&B or something just to play this game.

As for the MS Outrun, I just played it, and I have to say it's not that great... I guess it's okay considering the hardware, but personally I thought even the c64 version handled better! Hang On was a much better port for the MS. Now the Dreamcast version.. ah, that's some good stuff.

Originally posted by Myname@Mar 10, 2004 @ 10:50 AM

I finally manged to play Outrun 2 a couple of weeks back, it's as much of an orgasm as the first. The feeling of satisfaction when you pull off a drift well is just ridiculous.

I'm really going to have to track down an Outrun 2 machine to play after a review like that. :D

You definately should.. Just make sure you don't take anyone with you so you can spend some quality time with the cab without having to constantly say "But it's Outrun 2!" as they tap their feet next to you :lol:

Originally posted by Curtis@Mar 10, 2004 @ 01:39 PM

Hey - fly me into Melbourne and I'll give it a bash! :D

I've got to find one first!

That'll take me long enough. :rolleyes:

This is probably the first time someone here has played on an arcade game before those overseas :). I'll savour it while it lasts.

By the way, I never tried it on the other modes - only the one that plays like the original game. So I can't comment on how good they are. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the draw distance :drool:

If this game doesn't make it on to a home console, I'll be burning down Japan in protest. The worry about longevity is just stupid.. Surely Sega of all people must realise that people play the original game twenty years on, despite it's length? [dreaming]If they're that worried about it, maybe they should tack on Scud Race as an unlockable [/dreaming]

Yeah, especially considering the fact that they're releasing the Sega AGES version of the original..hmm.there's enough interest in that, but not Outrun 2? I guess we'll probably see it for the next gen consoles though.... Sega probably is concerned about the PS2/GCN hardware not being powerful enough for the game, or something, and won't release it on the Xbox for sales reasons.

They oughta release a PC version of it... Then you could have it in full blazing 5.1 surround sound, use your $100 steering wheel you bought to play other racing games less worthy than this...

I mean, you'd only need a Radeon 9800 and a P4 3.0 GHz to run it (that's only what, $300 for the video card?) hahaha

Actually, this makes me curious as to what hardware they actually do have running it. ;)

Anybody got the specs??

Back