Own emulator project, need alot of help!

Actually, you ought to learn to read C before bothreing to read existing emulator code seeing as if you didn't, you'd have no clue what you are looking at.

ExCyber: Explain to me the point of creating something (emulator, car, couch, operating system, etc) when you do very little of the research and work yourself?

Woo! I made this with Bob, Jim, Joe, Mike, John, Michelle, and Amy's hard work! I did almost NOTHING myself.

*rolls eyes*

I keep forgetting that I know NOTHING about programming, computer science, program logic, design and development, AND video games.
sarcasm.gif

ExCyber: Explain to me the point of creating something (emulator, car, couch, operating system, etc) when you do very little of the research and work yourself?

That depends on the thing being created and the motivations of the author. Was it pointless for Dave to add CPS2 emulation to Final Burn because the "real work" was done by Razoola, Crashtest, and Paul Leaman? Was it pointless to add Contra/Gryzor support to MAME when the sprite hardware REing was done by the author of Grytra?

Woo! I made this with Bob, Jim, Joe, Mike, John, Michelle, and Amy's hard work!

Do you suppose that anything you've ever programmed is worthwhile then, since you (presumably; I wouldn't want to unfairly stereotype if you happen to be some kind of unprecedented genius...) used compilers, assemblers, linkers, libraries and/or interpreters written by others, and ran your programs om chips designed and manufactured by others running on a mainboard designed and manufactured by yet others? I think John Donne was onto something.

I keep forgetting that I know NOTHING about programming, computer science, program logic, design and development, AND video games.

That's laying it on a bit thick, don't you think? I'm not interested in discrediting your knowledge of these subjects, I'm interested in neutralizing your rather aggressively defeatist posts here. I guess I fail to see the point of pouring so much effort into the goal of getting someone to stop trying to learn about something that they're interested in. Perhaps AngelBass is not prepared to go through the educational effort needed to code an emulator; if that's the case, then the references I provided should supply more than enough discouragement (The Art of Assembly Language Programming, for instance, is a university-level text, not some kind of two-page pep talk).

Ok, lets clarify the situation, all i've asked in this thread as a little help from people into C programming. I know how complex programming can be and i dont pretend to be able to write something that even "look like" an emulator soon. But the facts is that im really interested in learning to program and im really interested in video games and computer games, instead of wasting my time surfing the web for new roms etc, if decided to enter the emulation scene and do what i can..at the speed i can. Im into very basic programming right now but everybody need to go through this, im gonna do it one step at a time.

To ExCyber: Is there a way to contact you if i need some specific info? U2U me plz, i have msn messenger and icq

p.s. sorry for my bad english, im not a moron or a total idiot its just not my usual language.

Ive made a couple of thing with C now and im learning some OpenGl, by the way, does someone use Microsoft Visual Studio 6? because i lost my CD and my uuid.lib file is corrupted, does anyone can send it to me via e-mail?

audeath@hotmail.com

Originally posted by AngelBass@Aug. 27 2002, 11:06 pm

Ive made a couple of thing with C now and im learning some OpenGl, by the way, does someone use Microsoft Visual Studio 6? because i lost my CD and my uuid.lib file is corrupted, does anyone can send it to me via e-mail?

audeath@hotmail.com

im not to sure what version mine is.but i will check.if its the right one i will email you that file.

Back