P2P software

I'm going to come up with a P2P program that enables people to download music but the thing is i'm going to have a trojan in it and in the agreement to use my program i'm going to state that if the user agrees with my contract that i can have full access over their computer.

(note i'm not going to do this but i'm trying to make a point about how people should stop using programs that support spyware)

grr Kazaa, limewire, and the rest. morpheus is the bomb for p2p. and the only reason my friends give me about not using it is that it takes awhile to connect and its a little slow. and they all don't believe in spy-ware and its evils bah. :angry:

well win mx is registered. (For all who dont know) meaning THATS a safe p2p.....Kazza is GREAT I hate to admit....however not everyone is a techie like me and knows how to block the spyware...

I can use kazza with no banners, spy .dlls nada. =D

It now appears that Brilliant Digital can use Kazaa to steal your computer's resources for any big problems they feel like solving (such as lack of revenue)...

edit: looks like my brain managed to filter a post out...

(Edited by ExCyber at 11:34 pm on April 1, 2002)

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! Before I started blocking kazaas spy stuff and all I KNEW it took more system res! Everytime I load it droped like 10% then when I opened outlook, and a html editor, with webpage, icq. SWIP. 0% free! I knew it!

morpheus was good, now it's useless shit. it uses the gnutella network now.

edonkey works, every 2 weeks or so.

kazaa can be fixed to remove spyware.

well, i use grokster, a kazaa client, with ad aware, and if i cant find it on that i use limewire which is my gnutella client. Both seem to be good for different things, and if i cant find it on either, i get of my arse and use IRC, im distro in several channels

I think winmx will be good once the new version comes out unless they add spyware or just seriously fuck it up.

Freenet is the One True Way for P2P. In theory, anyway. :biggrin:

Seriously though, these guys have some cool ideas, and I expect that even if the project eventually fades away, others will make use of some of them.

I just use Direct Connect. Fewer leechers and lamers, thanks to hub rules, bots, and limited connections. You don't have a million people trying to nab "hot new file of the moment" from you all at once.

(Edited by Raijin Z at 4:30 pm on April 2, 2002)

Anyone Here ever heard of Kazza lite? No adds, no spy ware, same network! Good stuff

Edit: http://www.kazaalite.tk

(Edited by Subura at 7:19 pm on April 2, 2002)

Kazza lite eh? Ill look into it but sounds good =D

Sounds like a hacked kazza ppl, just fyi

also that reading news from cnet above...anyone notice the date it was posted? Did they retract this or do they still stick to what they say?

Back