Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dracula X Patching Questions

Hey guys, couple of questions I've tried researching to no avail.

1. I'd like to patch the cartridge security out of Panzer Dragoon Saga, but both the routes I know of have issues: The only patch I've found to do this only supports ISO and my discs are in bin/cue format. So my question is, does anyone know of A) a version of the patch that supports bin/cue or B) a conversion software that can successfully convert the bin/cue files to ISO? I'm currently using AnyBurn which is capable of such a conversion, but it fails when attempting to convert Saga with an error "This is a multi track disc. Please select bin/cue format." I'll not ask for a direct link to an ISO for the game as I believe it would violate the forum rules.

2. With regard to Dracula X/SotN, there seem to be two separate patches which exist: an English translation that's virtually perfect (I have ver 1.02 and love it, kudos to the creator KNIGHT0FDRAGON), and a 4M RAM enhancement hack that enables several features and places it more in line with the PSX version. Is there a way to combine these two patches for a perfect SotN English 4M Enhancement version? And perhaps with the horrible English voice acting as a cherry on top? Seems like such an obvious idea but I have searched fruitlessly for weeks for a way to get this done.

Any help on these things would be appreciated. To my fellow Saturn enthusiasts, nuff respect!

Hey guys, couple of questions I've tried researching to no avail.

1. I'd like to patch the cartridge security out of Panzer Dragoon Saga, but both the routes I know of have issues: The only patch I've found to do this only supports ISO and my discs are in bin/cue format. So my question is, does anyone know of A) a version of the patch that supports bin/cue or B) a conversion software that can successfully convert the bin/cue files to ISO? I'm currently using AnyBurn which is capable of such a conversion, but it fails when attempting to convert Saga with an error "This is a multi track disc. Please select bin/cue format." I'll not ask for a direct link to an ISO for the game as I believe it would violate the forum rules.

2. With regard to Dracula X/SotN, there seem to be two separate patches which exist: an English translation that's virtually perfect (I have ver 1.02 and love it, kudos to the creator KNIGHT0FDRAGON), and a 4M RAM enhancement hack that enables several features and places it more in line with the PSX version. Is there a way to combine these two patches for a perfect SotN English 4M Enhancement version? And perhaps with the horrible English voice acting as a cherry on top? Seems like such an obvious idea but I have searched fruitlessly for weeks for a way to get this done.

Any help on these things would be appreciated. To my fellow Saturn enthusiasts, nuff respect!
1) I believe Knight0fDragon was working on adding support for patching that particular check into SSP for every disc a while ago. I know I put together an SSP patch for that but it's only valid for Disc 1 -- it's buried in discord somewhere though. SSP might be able to do the conversion without the patch if nothing else.

2) No, you can't combine patches. However, the translation actually includes quite a few enhancements including a fast map like that 4M enhancement does -- but without using the 4M cart.

1) I believe Knight0fDragon was working on adding support for patching that particular check into SSP for every disc a while ago. I know I put together an SSP patch for that but it's only valid for Disc 1 -- it's buried in discord somewhere though. SSP might be able to do the conversion without the patch if nothing else.

2) No, you can't combine patches. However, the translation actually includes quite a few enhancements including a fast map like that 4M enhancement does -- but without using the 4M cart.

Correct. Action Replay Detection patching will be made available in 2.00 of SSP

as for Castlevania, they are not mergeable, but when I return to it, I will be incorporating QoL improvements.

It's been a long time since I checked but the AR patch for Panzer Dragoon Saga was just changing two or three bytes in the game executable, and you could do this manually too with a combination of tools (yabause to do a memory dump, a hex editor to find what bytes the code changes and to identify which byte of the main executable does this map to, and then CDMage to copy in the modified executable into the bin/cue and rebuild the ECC sectors.

I'm fairly sure that I did this at one point.

Actually fellas, I found that you can simply patch the check out with an action replay code, ironically.
I found instructions for this on the following wiki page:

Actually fellas, I found that you can simply patch the check out with an action replay code, ironically.
I found instructions for this on the following wiki page:
I have the beta out for the patcher to patch the binary

Back