Panzer Dragoon Saga

Maybe I should sell my extra copy of disc 1 then, if people are actually prepared to buy it.
hehehe.gif

the demo of PDS that was sold with a magazine in USA was actually the full disc 1 of the game (lasts about 2 hours of playing time).

On tv screen, Please Insert Disc 2. person damn it this game is awesome. goes to computer gets on ebay looks for complete set. fuck $120usd!!!
damn.gif

i can see it now :devil

Originally posted by antime@Jul 17, 2003 @ 03:51 AM

UK Official Saturn Magazine also had a one-disc "demo" of the game.

Yeah thats the one I've got. The same magazine also gave away Christmas Nights.
biggrin.gif

I have one on the way to my house right now. All four discs, the original case, plus extra cases to keep the discs in better condition.

Free.
cool.gif

Originally posted by gamefoo21@Jul 17, 2003 @ 02:01 PM

damn you tagrineth damn you all to hell!!!!! how on earth did you score that for free?

A friend of mine has two, so he figured he might as well give one to a friend, since he doesn't feel he needs the money. He also feels he'd be ripping someone off if he sold it for the usual price ($200+).

OMFG, that throwing up smiley = DISGUSTING
sleep.gif
;;;;

Edit:

Actually I have a friend who got his for free also. He was borrowing it from someone, and he liked it so he decided to go buy it. At anime expo 2001 he bought it for $180, gets home and tries to beat hte game on his save game, right before the end BAM, it's dead. When he tells the person he's borrowing a perfectly fine copy from about it, the guy says, "Damn, you should have just asked, you can keep my copy, I never play it anyway." LOL. The moral of the story is: Look at discs before you buy them if they cost triple digits, and also... don't be stupid lol.

"Winning bid: US $4.99 "

what.the.hell. How in gods name did it sell for so little? Just think if you bought each disk individually for that much
ohmy.gif

---Ammut

Yeah but you can't. As was mentioned above, this disc was probably one of the free ones that came on the cover of a magazine. Only a "collector" would actually buy this game outright, and a collector would know that it is a four disc game. The one disc freebie is only a curiosity really...

Originally posted by Curtis@Jul 17, 2003 @ 01:46 PM

Yeah but you can't. As was mentioned above, this disc was probably one of the free ones that came on the cover of a magazine. Only a "collector" would actually buy this game outright, and a collector would know that it is a four disc game. The one disc freebie is only a curiosity really...

I know, I was kidding.... thinking about getting pds for $20 sounded nice though.

Imagine if they gave out disc 1 for Shenmue on the dreamcast, that would have been cool. I'd even bet that it would have increased the sales, more people would have then tried it and had more opportunity to be sucked into it.

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut@Jul 19, 2003 @ 02:43 AM

Imagine if they gave out disc 1 for Shenmue on the dreamcast, that would have been cool. I'd even bet that it would have increased the sales, more people would have then tried it and had more opportunity to be sucked into it.

That could be a good idea for future games. Longer demo's which really suck the player in and leave them wanting more at the end of it. If I'd only played a 10 min demo of PDS its unlikely I'd ever have bought it.

Guys, PDS isn't worth so much freaking money. Okay, it was fun when it lasted, the dragon-changing owned all, but seriously, Skies rocks it in terms of the experience of playing it. o_O

Well... okay. It's nifty being able to say that you actually own PDS (and not the cheap Japanese version, either), but the game experience isn't exactly worth $200. Unless you're a Panzer fanboy, I guess. That might change when I play it through a second time, though...

PDS only costs so much because it was printed in small quantities. While I must disagree with you, since I found it one of the best RPG experiences I ever had (and it kicks Skies' overclichéd ass anytime, thank you, while very good to play, had the STRONG "I've seen this before..." feeling all over it.).

Of course, it doesn't appeal to most RPG players, since it differs a lot from the usual RPG standard, and it's kinda short for a RPG. But those were exactly some of the points that grabbed my, since my brain always welcomes some fresh experiences.

Back to the topic... seems the Japanese PDS can be found much cheaper, since it was printed in usual quantities.

And NO game is worth 200 bucks for me. That why I ended up playing PDS in silvers...

:agree

I like it because its different from most RPG's also. The battle system beats every RPG I've ever played including Skies as you have far more control over the action. It not a long game but thats fine as there more incentive to replay. Some RPG's are too long.

I agree its not worth the prices its sold for, but is any game really worth that price, I dont think so.

Back