PDS crasheing in Giri Giri

Anybody got a solution?

I know that there are saveed files that skip to second disc but is there any other way?

I have the offical first disc of PDS which I ripped and tried but that didn't work.

Someone please help!

ummm its Giri Giri... what do you expect.

I didn't even know the emulators were far enough along to play a game like PDS.

don't think you can play it with any emulator out now...

not tried on Pentium XXX at 666GHZ though... :p

I mean I tried on girigiri[hack] and couldn't get it run the game disc 1. And haven't tried with other emulators...

like I side I believe we will need far more powerful PC down the track to get these thing to work at satisfactory level... the current PC isn't powerful enough from what I heard. I mean 5+ fps for RSG is a joke... joke aside what will be the chance that we will see the emulators that is close to 98% of real saturn before they come out with far more powerful Pentium chip or what ever they decided to call it...

mate if you don't like bit of joke/sarcasm or what you call now and then tell me to buzz off and I will...

SSF is reported to run at full speed on the developers amd64 x2 4400+. Saturn emulation won't need a pentium 2978429 2348ö2 ghz cpu.

and girigiri-gav runs panzer dragoon saga fine, although I played it for a total of 20 minutes maybe. So I don't know if theres some specific point at which it crashes or not.

was it with actual disc or iso?

I used to get my girigiri runs game disc on WinXP but for some reason it no longer works...

it was clonecd with cuesheet.

originals work on my comp without any kind of tinkering around. (set the CD Drive letter under %windir%/profiles/saturn/user.ini or whereever you put your girigiri saves, and have ASPI installed, thats all i did.) Under xp.

I installed ASPI several times for no effect...

thing is my WinCD(?) no longer works either... :(

maybe it's time for reformat and fresh installation of WinXP.. :(

Originally posted by Borisz@Wed, 2005-09-14 @ 08:04 AM

it was clonecd with cuesheet.

originals work on my comp without any kind of tinkering around. (set the CD Drive letter under %windir%/profiles/saturn/user.ini or whereever you put your girigiri saves, and have ASPI installed, thats all i did.) Under xp.

[post=139600]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah I made mine (ccd file) from the orginal pds first disc and the downloaded version of pds.

Apparently there are loads of crashes.

The original cd works perfectly on my PAL saturn.

So I got the saves downloaded from a pds site (do a google search)

But its just not the same you know, I mean like to play through my game 100% not skip large portions because of emu bugs.

Perhaps its the way pds is ripped I tried Cassini and that does same thing.

Even when I ripped it at 4x and 1x speed it still crashes, file size was bigger though.

Is there a decent version of saturnin or whatever its called going about?

I'lll try that and post back, or if anyone can try it for me that would be appeaciated.

Just see if it crashes in the caves when you enter you should see a flying creature named G... something, after a bit of talking you should just be able to kick its butt.

BTW, i'm using a hacked version of giri giri, but why is it hacked, does it need activation code or something?

Lastly they all run smoothly for me in terms of fps with an slight lag if things get packed.

I'm using an AMD Althon XP 3200+

1024MB 266 DDR RAM

GeForce 6800+ GT

Originally posted by DavidTheSlayer@Thu, 2005-09-15 @ 06:36 PM

BTW, i'm using a hacked version of giri giri, but why is it hacked, does it need activation code or something?

GiriGiri Project was a freeware emulator that had a good level of compatbilty and ran at decent speeds.

It was later licensed by SEGA of japan for use as a commercial emulator (Cyberdisc) for use with downloadable, rented games. Work on the freeware version ceased.

The commercial version was then hacked so that anybody could use it and not just with the SEGA rented games.

That's just off the top of my head - any corrections are welcome. :)

Where are you getting crashes?

I tested PDS on Giri Giri hack the firet time it came out. Back then I was running a Duron 900 + a GF2MX400. It ran pretty smooth, and the game was so playable I went as far as beating the desert boss, without any crashes.

Back