peace

Wishful thinking! There has never been a period in human history, save a short 10 year span right before WWI in which humans haven'nt been trying to kill each other off on a local or global scale. We only hear about the conflict we are involved in or that effect our (the US) interests. At this moment, there are about 128 local, civil, tribal or religious conflicts going on in the world. War has been part of the human fabric of our society for so long. Some scientists claim it is a form of population control. I think of the potential gene pool that is erased from the earth during armed conflicts. Who knows if someone killed in a war might have been the person to cure cancer or some other vital scientific, far reaching discovery?

If you mean "can't we all just get along" on a forum level...........a little conflict and controversy is fun and interesting and sometimes inspires insightful comments. Just don't get too personal or take a little teasing too personal and we'll all be fine. You might learn something and have fun along the way.

(Edited by falstaff at 2:58 pm on Mar. 13, 2002)

Ooh! good article. I really like the last comment about the flag flying. There has never been a traitor in this county that hasn't wrapped himself in the flag. George Washington stated that patriotism is the last stronghold of scoundrels. I agree. And all these flags people mount on their cars? I see so many of them on the side of the road in the dirt and mud after they've blown off the car. Nice way to show respect for your national symbol! And as for the "hyper-patriots"? I'm very wary of them. Too many care less for their adopted cause and are more than likely just looking for an excuse for violence! But I get your point Excyber.

(Edited by falstaff at 3:56 pm on Mar. 13, 2002)

(Edited by falstaff at 7:06 pm on Mar. 13, 2002)

peace can be achieved just we have to round up all the people that will cause it to fail and kill them. PEACE.

Quote: from jim993 on 2:08 pm on Mar. 13, 2002

peace can be achieved just we have to round up all the people that will cause it to fail and kill them. PEACE.

Thats the "dumbo" meaning of peace.You mean that will bring you peace?That will bring you nothing....That will bring other people to get in rage and start another war.Wars don't get started by violent people.Wars get started by narrow minded people who get violent to clear their narrow minded thoughts.And to my oppinion you post was narrow minded.

lol

well peace is achieved if there is nothing alive, but i'm a new aged hippie that likes to be incredibly sarcastic yes this post was pointless never said it had one #### the first one didn't even have any meaning at all.

and i felt like being a fool with my kill all statement

(Edited by jim993 at 4:10 pm on Mar. 13, 2002)

Back