perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could simply say he is a SMB3 god. Seriosly. Every move he makes is perfect. He knows exactly when the cannons are going to fire again. He knows exactly when the dudes pop out of the ground throw their shit. He knows exactly when he needs to stop bouncing the 1-ups and get in the tunnel. He knows exactly why he needs do that suicidal run for the fire flower (so he can pass the game quicker). He knows exactly which places in the levels require him to bounce whilst ducking to avoid getting hit, or jump whilst ducking to advance at maximum speed without running into something which would slow him down. He knows that if he keeps his maximum speed then he can advance through the game before piranha flowers shoot, fireballs spit from lava, or thwomps fall. He knows how to keep his speed up at max, at any place in the game - such as jumping up the 'stairs' in the last level. He shoots 2 fireballs, upon entry to the 'spiky' minibosses so that as soon as he hits the ground, he can run at the guy and get his next two bullets to hit him as fast as possible, which kill him when he arrives just before him. He knows when to hold 'A' for a higher jump when bouncing off not only the cannonballs, but also bowser when he jumps.

Originally posted by muffinman94+ Nov 26, 2003 @ 09:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(muffinman94 @ Nov 26, 2003 @ 09:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>whoa, uhh is this game easier than super mario bros or something?? amazing[/b]
Super Mario Bros 3 is definately harder to pass than Super Mario Bros. And I'm excluding the warp tunnels and whistles.

<!--QuoteBegin-racketboy
@ Nov 26, 2003 @ 06:06 PM

I've seen Japanese dudes do some wicked stuff

Ever see the Tetris championship?
[/quote] Yup, I posted a tetris championship earlier this year. ;)

Oh yeah I remember that.

I still dont get how its possible. He knows where to put it before it even shows up! Hed have to be looking at the next piece instead of looking where he puts his shit.

Years of practice. This guy could play 12 hours a day for 10 years. Who can say? I do find it harder to imagine it being a doctored piece of footage, rather than seeing this person as the obsessive SMB3 freak they are.

It reminds me of Kasparov vs. Big Blue* in a subtle way.

I don't think even a computer generated AI could pull off this stunt as well as a human being can, which is shown in the video. Humans can do amazing things.

*Deep Blue (whoops) heh -ed.

...and then there's the fact that Deep Blue won, but that's not really relevant to my statement. ;)

In the ship/tank levels, he probably doesn't focus on one thing, but looks at the screen as a whole. With the other levels, he has just practised it so much, he knows how to do it. For example, at 7:06 - 7:07 he shoots a fireball to kill a piranha flower that hasn't appeared on the screen yet. Like racketboy said, he has memorized it. The only thing which I don't believe would go 'as planned' is the tank/ship levels... oh, and the level crossing at 5:40 - that is just luck, isn't it?

Those jumps in which he/she made Mario look backwards, amazing... too much practice.

When playing certain games with non-asian friends, several times they tell me "well, only you can do that because you are japanese" (especially with fighting games)... I would like to know why we asians are believed to have like a "special ability" for games...

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Nov 26, 2003 @ 10:35 PM

Those jumps in which he/she made Mario look backwards, amazing... too much practice.

When playing certain games with non-asian friends, several times they tell me "well, only you can do that because you are japanese" (especially with fighting games)... I would like to know why we asians are believed to have like a "special ability" for games...

Shhh! Don't let them know our secret!

Just watched it again. At 7:06 - 7:07, the piranha flower was actually on screen when he shot the fireball... though I thought it wasn't cause he was at max speed. Still, he has memorized it. I think the japanese are better at games because they play them more competitively than most others.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Nov 27, 2003 @ 01:19 AM

If that is the famous BPS, then you must be Yoriko Yunoki to find that out. ^^;

Call me Yon-chan ^.~

Just seeing him play made me a little... hmmm... you know...

Originally posted by remysf3@Nov 26, 2003 @ 05:58 PM

its king of hard o fake this, unless you use a really fancy editor. I checked it out several times, the scores from stage to stage all match. so do the 1ups. If you were to cut and paste stage by stage, this wouldn't match. i must agree this is insane, never seen anything like it.

he could have just used save states between levels

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Nov 27, 2003 @ 01:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Nov 27, 2003 @ 01:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MasterAkumaMatata@Nov 27, 2003 @ 01:19 AM

If that is the famous BPS, then you must be Yoriko Yunoki to find that out. ^^;

Call me Yon-chan ^.~

Just seeing him play made me a little... hmmm... you know...
[/b][/quote]

haha, des-row loves ppl with mad mario skills :) :) :rolleyes: :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker

hehe

btw the dude playing the game is clearly The Wizard

and since we are on the subject

http://rakanishu.ath.cx:83/vids/rockman2.wmv

guy doing rockman 2, he clearly is using autofire, but wutever

I think it's about as likely to be real as faked. I suspect that really what it comes down to is taking the kind of mentality that plenty of people around here would apply to a hardcore shooter and applying it to a platformer instead. We don't expect people to play platformers that way, so it dazzles us a bit. But the principles are the same - timing, pattern recognition, and memorization.

Originally posted by Jurai+Nov 27, 2003 @ 01:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jurai @ Nov 27, 2003 @ 01:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-remysf3@Nov 26, 2003 @ 05:58 PM

its king of hard o fake this, unless you use a really fancy editor. I checked it out several times, the scores from stage to stage all match. so do the 1ups. If you were to cut and paste stage by stage, this wouldn't match. i must agree this is insane, never seen anything like it.

he could have just used save states between levels [/b][/quote]

Definately could have. The only way to prove he didn't is if he showed footage of him, aswell as the screen - cause then we would see if he used a state. The guy still didn't fake what he did, though.

I'm impressed he didn't got truly bored and quit playing SMB3 forever before he got that good, playing that game till you know it that good obvioudly takes ALOT of practice. I wish I wasn't bored so easily, where for me games has a lifespan of 20-50 playhours (if there really good that is, most GBA games ~5 minutes ;)).

Originally posted by CrazyGoon+Nov 27, 2003 @ 10:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CrazyGoon @ Nov 27, 2003 @ 10:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Jurai@Nov 27, 2003 @ 01:45 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-remysf3
@Nov 26, 2003 @ 05:58 PM

he could have just used save states between levels

Definately could have. The only way to prove he didn't is if he showed footage of him, aswell as the screen - cause then we would see if he used a state. The guy still didn't fake what he did, though. [/b][/quote]

Except with save states it would be real hard to keep his momentum unless he did it between levels

Also with save states he would have to inusre the time and scores were the same at the end.

I wonder if this person is that good at every level? Or just those in the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back