Phantasy Star IV

I just picked up the game with box, instruction booklet, and cartridge for 20 bucks. Is that a good deal?

I'm looking forward to playing it...I think Iceman called it the best RPG ever...hope he's right.

Their isn't realy any "Best RPG ever", all depends on you prefrences. As far as it being a good deal or not, I checked ebay to find out, and you got it for an average price, not more, or less then its worth. I have heard good things about the game, so I hope you enjoy it, I have never played any genesis RPGs before, so it would be nice to hear what you think after playing some of it.

Quote: from 3rdman on 3:09 am on Nov. 11, 2001

I just picked up the game with box, instruction booklet, and cartridge for 20 bucks. Is that a good deal?

i think it was $70 when it first came out, and it's a great deal, esp. for a complete package.

the guy who let it to you was a real moron ;)

I think saw this for 2$ once, before you flame me, I didnt pick it up becasue I didnt trust the store at all. and I doubt they really had it.

Quote: from Fabrizo on 1:29 am on Nov. 11, 2001

Their isn't realy any "Best RPG ever", all depends on you prefrences. As far as it being a good deal or not, I checked ebay to find out, and you got it for an average price, not more, or less then its worth. I have heard good things about the game, so I hope you enjoy it, I have never played any genesis RPGs before, so it would be nice to hear what you think after playing some of it.

Actually, there is a greatest RPG of all-time (and not just RPG but games in general): Final Fantasy VII
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

(Edited by Cloud121 at 9:14 pm on Dec. 6, 2001)

What cynnamin said!

Lunar owns you for SCD!

But my fav all time rpg is and always will be Phantasy Star 4! I have played it over 20 times all the way through and still have not gotten bored of it.

I still can't get enough of Phantasy Star II, I mean i love the fact that you have to spend hours gaining experience... all i do is sit down sip some coffee, and tap away. it's a perfect evening, if your girlfriend ain't around and the bowling alley is packed beyond confusion.

Well, I finally got around to begin a game of PSIV and I must say I'm rather impressed. Very addictive gameplay...lots of fun trying to figure out the combination attacks. My only complaint is that I'm not leveling up as fast I proceed through the story. It's forcing me to just wander and level up so that I can kill that freakin' spider that has my #### Psy-Wand!

BLEH.

PS I was still the best of them all.

It's all about ALIS baby!

(and Myau, he's so cute...)

*munches on some Laerma nuts*

PS 2 is the best RPG on the Genesis IMO

PS 4 has the best graphics and spells and stuff but I liked the story on the second one better.

PS 3 had a good idea with the spanning multiple generations but I wasn't really impressed by the game itself.

On Sega CD the only RPGs I've played so far is Lunar and part of Lunar 2. Lunar is an excellent RPG but I find the voice acting to be terrible and the ending is pretty weak.

Right now I think FFX is in the running for best RPG of all time. Storywise however Baldur's Gate 2 for the PC is the best.

Tym

I liked Shining Force CD ..their wasn't as much interaction as the other shining Force games, but it was good nevertheless.

I prefer the Shining force series (Shining Force III on Saturn rocks!!) over the Final Fantasy series, althought FF VII wasn't bad...especially the storyline. Never made the effort to finish VIII en IX

I didn't include Shining Force because it's not TRUELY an RPG. Great games though... I have them all except SF3.

So you have Shining Force CD for Megacd ..hmm intresting ;) ..had it (like I had Shining Wisdom, Shining The Holy Arc), but I sold them years ago ..very stupid of me.. ####! Now I'm depressed :(

But I still have SF 3.1 Saturn ..the Pal Version which seems to be very rare nowadays

I don't have Shining in the Holy Ark (I get get it at a Slacker's for about 45$) but I'm cheap and my job pays sh*t... that's also why I don't have SF3... that and since I can't read Japanese senerios 2 & 3 are kinda pointless for me. And I can't play Shining Wisdom... I think it's awful.... I'm kinda sorry I even bought it.

Back