Phantasy Star

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
This is the start to one of my favorite RPG series ever made!  I remember the awesome gfx to it and the awesome story!  It was THE best RPG at the time and it still is one of the best RPG's to date!

What do you think of this game?

This is the game that started it all for me. I had gotten a Master System for my birthday the year before. I went to my local video store to rent a couple of games, and PS 1 was on the shelf. I rented it out of curiosity. I had never played an RPG before. From that point on, I was hooked. I can not get enough of RPGs.

Phantasy Star was one of the first games I played when I bought my power base converter for my Genesis. I had already played Phantasy Star 2 on the Genesis, I thought maybe I'd better play the original to get where everything was based off of. I really remember the 3-d dungeons, you had to be really careful sometimes, it was really easy to get lost, and sometimes it would take my an hour or so just to get back out !

Originally posted by JohnD@Aug. 07 2002, 4:35 am

its drab quite frankley plain drab.

Im actually going to have to agree with JohnD ??? (whats wrong with me?) All joking aside though, it must have been great in its time...thing is that was 15 or so years ago.Give me Phantasy Star 2 or 4
smile.gif

Originally posted by cww80+Aug. 07 2002, 9:16 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ Aug. 07 2002, 9:16 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-JohnD@Aug. 07 2002, 4:35 am

its drab quite frankley plain drab.

Im actually going to have to agree with JohnD ??? (whats wrong with me?) All joking aside though, it must have been great in its time...thing is that was 15 or so years ago.Give me Phantasy Star 2 or 4
smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

now am going to have to do something bad and agree with cww80

Played and bought brand new. I clearly remember when the MS came out in the US. I have owned every generation of console new with the exception of TG and XBox.

Yea I was. At the time though, I had a NES, and didn't know of anyone who had a Master System where I lived. I didn't get a chance to play it until I got my Genesis with a power base converter.

The 3D dungeon were not the best because i usually got lost. But the story is quite good and the difficulty high but not too much.

Back