PHOTO CD and JPGS

Hey guys! I think its a stupid idea, but theres some way to play photo cds or jpegs in the saturn? I mean that I can't download the photo cd software and also I cant buy it (Its impossible find it on shops). and I want to use this option in my saturn Do you know some?

The PhotoCD image format is proprietary, and Kodak wants a chunk of money for the SDK. There's plenty of information and source code available for displaying JPEGs, just ask Google.

You could also build a custom Netlink browser disc which would include the pictures you want to display and some HTML for easy navigation. If you've rigged the CD door switch you might even get by just swapping in the disc with your pictures after starting the browser.

Well there is Photo CD software that can author disks (Works like any DVD professional grade authoring tool), but as you can expect it went for a few 100 dollars (to companys) and isn't sold anymore after Kodak started doing its own Photo CD developing. After that time, Kodak only distributed the applications to licenced kodak developers.

As to your previous statment, yes you can't get them anymore or even think about purchasing a set. Yes, it is true you can purchase a HK Silver CD with loads of applications (Including Kodak's Photo CD program kit) but thats not allowed here. But I do know thats avaliable since C.Chen had such a Chinese disk.

Back